Thomas Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Warehouse/Yard Supervisor for a well-known Leading Facilities Company based in Warwick. This role is reporting directly to Warehouse/Yard Manager.
Your duties will be predominantly outside in the Yard so you will be subject to different Weather Conditions.
This is an amazing Temporary to Permanent opportunity for the right candidate.
To support the manager in undertaking and overseeing all works carried out at the company’s warehouse and adjoining yard during the evening/night shift work and its team of workers. The goal is to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and efficiently.
Health, Safety & Environment:
Be familiar with and demonstrate a commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety & Environmental Policies.
Ensure that all relevant information contained within these policies is communicated to staff and sub-contractors prior to working on site.
Principle Duties & Accountabilities
The specific accountabilities of this flexible role may alter from time to time in order to meet the needs of the company, but accountabilities will include (or be equivalent in nature to) those listed below:
- Manage stock control, supervising stocktake, monitoring levels, ordering new stock liaising with the Warehouse Manager and admin team by email
- Ensure all products have been unpacked, checked, cleaned, washed and branded correctly, then repacked and ready to be despatched
- Supervise, and participate when required, in testing the permeability of water filled barriers
- Train and contribute to the supervision and appraisal of warehouse employees
- Contribute to the creation/review of warehouse specific Risk Assessments
- Supervise the loading and unloading of vehicles and ensure safe practices are adhered to
- Operate the forklift as and when required
- Ensure all team members and sub-contractors adhere to Company Policies, Codes of Practice and carry out the work in a safe and effective manner
- Attend weekly/monthly team briefings
- Ensure all work is carried out safely and that actions taken do not endanger you or others
- Co-operate with management and ensure all works are carried out to a high quality and conform to Industry Standards
- Wear all PPE as required by company procedure and ensure all warehouse employees and visitors are also provided with and using adequate PPE for the task undertaken
- Report any faults to company vehicles, tools & equipment to the Warehouse Manager
- Report any hazards, near misses, accidents, incidents as soon as possible to the H&S Manager
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping
The role requires the post holder to be able to lift and carry equipment following Health & Safety procedure.
- Level of Knowledge & Experience
- Proven warehouse operations experience
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
- Demonstrable experience of supervising a team
- Forklift operator trained desirable
- Driving License
- Ability to lead and supervise a team and take control of most everyday situations, assuming responsibility – organising and guiding where necessary
- Ability to analyse situations and make decisions accordingly
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills in order to influence the actions of others
- Ability to gain trust and respect of team members and customers in order to develop relationships
THOMAS will endeavour to find you regular work in your chosen field. You will be paid for the actual hours worked at a pay rate agreed at the beginning of every contracted assignment. If temporary work is new to you, or you’ve not worked with THOMAS before, we’ve compiled some frequently asked questions to answer any questions you may have.
If you are interested in this role and think would be a great fit, ‘SUBMIT’ your C.V today!