The THOMAS Recruitment Group are recruiting on behalf of a Client based in South Wales. Our client is seeking a Warehouse Manager to join their team on a permanent basis to motivate, mentor and encourage the Warehouse staff and have responsibility for the overall development and maintenance of the department’s functionality.
The role will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the warehouse including grinding, cutting, material handling, storage and on time delivery. You will provide Sales with a continuous smooth process from goods receipt to final despatched whilst providing the service levels required for the target markets.
- Leading by example creating a culture in line with Head of Operations and Executive Committee expectations.
- Ensure that the department controls are effective in ensuring that all products sent meet or exceed customer expectations
- Ensure all warehouse documents and regulatory requirements are correctly recorded, controlled and maintained.
- Consistent reviewing and improving of all documentation, processes and controls.
- Manage the workforce; including holding probationary meetings, disciplinary and grievance meetings, back to work meetings, and sickness & absence paperwork.
- Through performance management, achieve and maintain a level of performance that is defined through agreed KPI measures and the appraisal system.
- Pro-actively pursue excellence to improve customer service and attract new business.
- Motivate and the department’s contribution towards service levels and improvements systems.
- Proactively lead measurable continuous improvement initiatives, reporting on their progress.
- Measure performance and ensure that it is accurately and routinely reported.
- Ensure compliance to the Group Health and Safety Framework.
- Setting and controlling the annual budget for the department.
Skills & Experience
- Previous leadership experience, ideally from within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- A proven ability to manage the warehouse departments’ expectations for the on-time delivery program.
- Proven success in leading and motivating a team and people management.
- Exposure to lean principles.
The THOMAS Recruitment Group are an Employment Business. We supply temporary, contract and permanent staff to various companies throughout the UK to various sectors.
Located in South Wales, Midlands & the South West, we recruit for temporary and permanent job roles across the following core areas:
INDUSTRIAL | DRIVING | FMCG | PROFESSIONAL | ONSITE
If you are interested in this position, then please click ‘APPLY NOW’ below.