A unique opportunity for a Warehouse Logistics Coordinator with strong experience within Warehouse, Supply Chain and Logistics in a ‘lean culture’ working experience.
The Logistics Coordinator will follow the procedures laid out by the company ensuring they are applied in a way that benefits local site performance in the areas of Quality, Cost & Delivery.
Permanent position, Monday to Thursday 8:00-16:00 and Friday 7:00-13:00 (overtime available). 7% bonus.
Essential Job Functions/ Responsibilities
• Efficient storage, transportation & distribution of all retail & professional customer products to our clients’ global customer base and sister companies.
• Manage off site Warehouse & carryout H&S audits internally.
• Ensure an efficient delivery of raw materials & components to the shop floor in line with the production plan, w/orders & Kan Ban systems in place.
• Ensure all consignments for export markets have the relevant documentation particular for the country of destination.
• The stores facility operates in an efficient manner, minimising stock errors and losses.
• To ensure appropriate documentation is generated and stored in accordance with company systems.
• Carry out monthly cycle counts & location accuracy checks in line with stock check procedure OPP012.
• Ensure that all raw materials & components are received into the warehouse are in good condition, to the correct quantity & palletized / wrapped / packaged to the required specification.
• Goods stored needs to be correctly identified, stored in the correct location & protected from damage / deterioration.
• Finished products are stored in a safe & suitable condition, dispatched in a timely & cost effective manner to the customer.
• Ensure that the warehouse function operates using the most efficient systems & processes, which minimise the stock holding, follows FIFO & has a world class level of housekeeping & H&S standards.
• Ensure the requirements of ISO9001/2015 are always maintained.
• Use the company Material Resource Planning (MRP) system (currently AX) to carry out stock control activities, return & issuing of materials & other general enquiries
• Return completed works order (WO) to stores
• FLT – Counter Balance & Reach licence.
• Knowledge of modern stock & Inventory Control Systems.
• Use of simple PC tools such as Microsoft Office. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software
• Good standard of Education – Minimum ‘O’ level standard or equivalent & some formal warehouse or supply chain qualification
• An understanding of Export (European / ROW) Documentation Procedures & Local (UK) dispatch documentation requirements.
• Good communication skill (spoken & written) & attitude
• Good understanding / experience of continuous improvement tools & techniques
• Work under pressure
• Qualification to NVQ level 4/ 5 in a supplier chain / logistic qualification – preferred CIPS membership (desirable)
• Experience in lean manufacturing / continuous improvement techniques & tools 5s, Kaisen etc. (desirable)
Other Skills/Abilities Desirable
• Awareness & experience of modern improvement tools & techniques
• Data handling / PC skills
• Able to work under pressure to achieve tight delivery schedules
• Is able to identify opportunities to implement new ideas and generate creative solutions to logistic & supply chain issues
• Experience of working in a logistic / warehouse / supply chain in the FMCG, chemical or pharmaceutical sector.
TO APPLY CALL 02920 393444 between 8am – 5.30pm OR EMAIL Mollie@thomasrecruitment.co.uk
THOMAS Recruitment Group are an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re permanent recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.