Monday to Friday – flexibility required depending on Client requirements
Thomas Recruitment are working with a well-established Client who are recruiting for a Transport Planner this is an exciting opportunity to work in a successful and ever-growing distribution centre based in Burton Latimer.
Our client has a proven record of creating an inclusive working environment, where people can be their best and embrace diversity.
Our client is committed to accelerating talent and ensuring personal development whilst perusing your career.
The Transport Planner will be responsible for:
- To maximising fleet utilisation the cubic capacity of each vehicle and completing as many journeys as the working day with allow
- To ensure planned days are compliant within the Working Time Directive, tachograph legislation and contracted hours.
- To ensure any customers ‘ booking in’ requirements for planned deliveries are communicated to the wider team and adhered to.
- Ensure all PODs are scanned to a document sharing platform that the Business Partner can access and follow agreed protocols from the Business Partner regarding the physical paperwork.
- To conduct a through driver debrief at the conclusion of their daily duties. This to include ensuring collation of PODs, checking to ensure any clauses on the PODs are explained and communicated, recording and processing any vehicle defects reported and repair arranged.
- On completion of the daily planning activities, to generate a load plan of all planned trips which is to be communicated to the correct audience.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail, thoroughness and methodical approach to work.
- Works at a pace that matches the requirements of the business and recognises the importance of timely completion of tasks.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships within the BDS, Business Partners and 3PL Suppliers.
- Adapts to changes and use resources effectively. Together with line manager, establishes priorities and develops plans. Arranges work schedules and priorities work to meet deadlines. Seeks clarifications and approval where appropriate before commences new project or working methods.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Transport Planner / Transport Supervisor Transport /Team Leader.
TO APPLY CALL 0117 3321586 between 8am – 5pm OR EMAIL Francine Tovey at firstname.lastname@example.org
THOMAS Recruitment Group are an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re Industrial recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.