The THOMAS Recruitment Group is recruiting for a Transport Planner on behalf of a market leading Manufacturing company, based on the outskirts of Cardiff.
Our client is seeking an experienced, proactive and driven Transport Planner to organise the daily transport movements. This role plays a key part in the success of the business.
- Review and organise all daily transport movements in a cost-effective manner
- To liaise with all relevant haulage providers to ensure all material is dispatched to customer sites in accordance with order details.
- Problem solving when transport issues arise in conjunction with team leaders, sales, customer service personnel and business units.
- Liaise on daily basis with the Dispatch Team Leader to ensure everything is on time
- Arranging which haulage provider/vehicles to use
- Prioritisation of loading operations.
- Experience in a transport planning role
- Preferably experience in a manufacturing background
- Certificate of Professional Competence in National Road Haulage
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- The ability to make decisions and being able to organise and prioritise
- Salary of £23,000 – £26,000 dependent on experience
- Secure/progressive company
- Pension Scheme
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
TO APPLY CALL 02920 393444 between 8.30am – 5.00pm OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
THOMAS Recruitment Group are an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re permanent recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.