The THOMAS Recruitment Group are recruiting on behalf of a Client based in South Wales. Our client is seeking a Transport Planner to join their team on a permanent basis to take responsibility for the timely traffic planning of routes and scheduling delivery times, ensuring that the customer receives a first-class service in a cost-effective way.
- Traffic Management
- Dealing with VOSA Compliance
- Problem-solving/logical thinking
- Working unsupervised, continually managing time and prioritising work to meet tight corporate deadlines
Essential Specific Skills
- Computer Stirling (training will be provided), Excel
- Good communication skills, interaction at all levels internal and external
- Geographical knowledge
- Team player with flexible ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Working in a multi-disciplined environment
- Working knowledge of the UK road transport industry
- Good geographical knowledge of the SA Postcode area is key to the role.
Specific Key Accountabilities
- Plan ADR/Hazardous Freight (training provided).
- Working with customers/suppliers/drivers and other traffic desks, planning routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure the smooth running of the operation
- Prioritising workload, route planning, driver brief and de-brief
- Liaise with other depots within the Company
- Confirming deliveries to customers with specific I.T. services
- Informing customers immediately and 24/7 regarding Rejected or Returned goods
- Strong organisational skills for planning schedules, journeys, and loads
- Proactively work to reduce late deliveries and missed time slots
- Ability to work flexibly and to make decisions quickly
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Maintain a computerised system
- A good understanding of transport regulations currently in force
- A good geographical knowledge
- Booking driver agency staff depending on workload
- Must monitor Compliance and work with drivers and Compliance to eliminate infringements
- Must ensure that all the drivers are aware of SAFED, and be actively involved in improving SAFED achievements to goals
- Must be an integral part of, and is responsible for employee health and safety
- Ensure that vehicles and trailers are available in a timely manner to adhere to Compliance and inspection requirements
- Provide general support appropriate to the management when required including annual leave cover
- The client operates 24/7, 360 days a year so you will be expected to work bank holidays depending on how your shift pattern falls
- Check driving licences and ensure Company drivers and Agency drivers are compliant and legal to drive within the scope of the conditions of the Insurance.
Monday – Saturday (23:00 – 08:00)
Specialising in permanent roles, we understand the needs of both clients and candidates, ensuring all are well provided for throughout the interview proccess. If you think you would be well suited to this role, ‘SUBMIT’ your C.V today and one of our experts will be in touch!