The THOMAS Recruitment Group is exclusively recruiting for a Transport Manager on behalf of an Internationally recognised outdoor sports facility company based in Merthyr Tydfil.
An exciting opportunity has arisen where our client is seeking a pro-active, energetic and highly organised Transport Manager to join our clients’ fast paced business. The successful candidate will apply a hands-on approach and look to create efficiencies within the department whilst delivering an exceptional service to their customers.
It will be the Transport Manager’s responsibility to lead and develop the transport team. Ensuring they are motivated and focused on their individual contribution to the success of the business, recognising achievement and rewarding performance along the way.
The successful candidate must hold a transport managers standard International PSV CPC and have up to date knowledge of regulations, as they will always be responsible for ensuring the legal compliance of the internal transport operation. The transport manager will also ensure the fleet is maintained and serviced in accordance with DVSA and company policies, managing maintenance standards and costs is an important part of this role.
The ideal candidate will come with fresh ideas on how to improve the transport operation, ensuring the service is effectively run and be a keen advocate of continuous improvement, as well as being a concise and dedicated leader.
Naturally, health and safety will play a key part of the transport managers role, they will be responsible for managing compliance including process and procedures, promoting health and safety and leading team training sessions as well as creating risk assessments and standard operating procedures.
Your objective is to achieve world class safety, compliance and service standards through positive and proactive engagement with drivers and our visitors.
Your new role:
- Responsible for managing and delivering all aspects of the standard PSV O licence.
- Responsible for vehicle and trailer maintenance and repairs, liaising with our commercial garages and assigned drivers to organise repair of all defects identified by the driver defect checks in a timely manner.
- Responsible for organising all vehicle inspections as per DVSA regulations, including MOT’s, scheduled checks and road tax
- Deliver resource plans by managing the safe and cost-effective utilisation of equipment, working to decrease vehicle maintenance costs
- Ensure all driver compliance is met, including required licence checks, driver annual CPC
- Maintain driver files and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Continually review transport related risk assessments each year and amend as required
- Lead on all aspects of health and safety for the transport department
- Continual review and improvement of operating procedures to maximise customer service and efficiency
- Review of departments KPI’s- service, safety and profitability
- Assist the business operations manager with the monthly driver rota
- Leading and training your team in company procedures and policies
- Dealing positively with HR matters across the department
- Create an open environment through demonstrating behaviours in line with company values. You will champion the strong one team ethos of the company
- Vital to this role will be the ability to enrich the visitor experience and to ensure exceptional standards of customer service are delivered, this will require constant monitoring of the level of service provided
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in leadership is essential for this role, knowledge of transport-related HR processes
- Transport Manager’s PSV CPC qualification and a clean Driving License
- A good understanding of vehicle mechanics and a practical approach is highly valuable
- Exceptional personal standards and understanding of customer service including quality visitor experience
- The ability to motivate and engage team members; to identify individual’s skill sets and utilise them, for both personal and business development
- Outstanding organisation and planning skills, with a good eye for detail. Identifying a potential problem and acting quickly to resolve within a fast-paced working environment
- A hard working and adaptable manner, with a solid common-sense approach
- Working knowledge in Microsoft office suite
TO APPLY CALL 02920 393444 between 8.30am – 5.00pm OR EMAIL email@example.com
THOMAS Recruitment Group are an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re permanent recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.