An exciting opportunity for experienced Electronic Test Engineer to join our clients’ rapidly expanding manufacturing site.
This is a permanent position, Monday to Friday (39hrs p/w) Monday to Thursday 7:45 – 4:30 and Friday 7:45 – 13:00.
Summary of position
Inspection and testing of mechanically wired and soldered assemblies and PCBs using various inspection and test equipment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Completing inspection and test workload to manufacture specifications and within time constraints.
- Ensuring wiring, soldering or mechanically assembled equipment is consistent with quality at all times and to follow build notes, Standard Operating Procedures, bills of materials, detailed drawings and pictures.
- Implementation of inspection diagnostics and testing methods for production for deployment for use within the department and the production shop floor.
- Providing feedback to production staff on error finding and support to corrective actions in order to promote improvements in quality and efficiency.
- Maintaining workspace cleanliness and safety, correct storage of kits and responsibility for own tools (requirements and safekeeping).
- Completing accurately relevant production forms indicating kit inaccuracy (shortage, over-issue, BOM adjustment) and material issues (damaged and faulty material).
- 20+statutory holidays
- Monday to Thursday 7:45 – 16:30, Friday 7:45 – 13:00 (with potential overtime)
- Weekend working = double time
- Overtime = time and a half
Play an active role within the Test and Inspection Team. This will be accomplished by:
- Carrying out 5S and other Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Identifying production critical processes and critical success factors.
- Managing the Performance Measurement Process (PMP).
- Team-working within the department and other Departments in order to facilitate issue resolution and participate in cross functional team projects.
- The Test Engineer could carry out any other duties within their competences as required by the Production Supervisor.
TO APPLY CALL 02920 393444 between 8am – 5.30pm OR EMAIL Mollie@thomasrecruitment.co.uk
THOMAS Recruitment Group are an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re permanent recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.