A unique opportunity for experienced Electronic Test and Inspection Team Leader to join our clients’ rapidly expanding manufacturing site.
This is a permanent position, Monday to Friday (39hrs p/w) Monday to Thursday 7:45 – 4:30 and Friday 7:45 – 13:00.
Responsible to: Quality Manager
Responsible for: Inspectors and Test Engineers x 1-5
Summary of position
Ensuring all test procedures and solutions are operating in accordance with production, quality and health and safety procedures.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Efficiently manage equipment use in order to reduce operational cost and downtime.
- Driving preventative and corrective actions in order to mitigate the occurrence of Customer QFRs, improving quality and ensuring the inspection and test processes and Standard Operating Procedures are evident and available for use by the department.
- Driving weekly Customer output and co-ordination with Production in order to facilitate Customer deliveries.
- Development of inspection diagnostics and testing methods for production for deployment for use within the department and the production shop floor.
- Providing 1st line support to inspectors and technicians in inspection, fault finding, diagnosis, and test where time constraints are critical.
- Ensuring Inspectors and Test Engineers are trained in test and inspection operating procedures and equipment prior and during their activities.
- Management of the calibration and or maintenance schedules in accordance with Philtronics Ltd ISO requirements to ensure full compliance to standards.
- Producing jigs, tools, and equipment for Test and Inspection and test and inspection infrastructure planning and maintenance.
- Working with Production Supervisor and Buyers in order to implement and control test procedures for NPI builds.
- Driving and continuously improving standards of workmanship and monitoring of quality control initiatives and pro-active management of 5S standards for cleanliness, ensuring compliance to Health and Safety standards
- Demonstrating personal leadership attributes and encouraging Inspectors and Test Engineers professional behaviour in line with Philtronics Ltd HR policies.
- 20+statutory holidays
- Monday to Thursday 7:45 – 16:30, Friday 7:45 – 13:00 (with potential overtime)
- Weekend working = double time
- Overtime = time and a half
Play an active role within the Test and Inspection Team. This will be accomplished by:
- Identifying production critical processes and critical success factors.
- Carrying out 5S and other Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Managing the Performance Measurement Process (PMP), Training Files and ISO Matrix.
- Co-ordinate with other Departments in order to facilitate issue resolution and participate in cross functional team projects.
- Inspection and Test Team Leader could carry out any other duties within their competences as required by the Quality Manager.
TO APPLY CALL 02920 393444 between 8am – 5.30pm OR EMAIL Mollie@thomasrecruitment.co.uk
THOMAS Recruitment Group are an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re permanent recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.