The THOMAS Recruitment Group are recruiting on behalf of a Technology Distributor based in South Wales. Our client is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join their team.
- Supporting the services that the Client deliver to its valued customer base.
- Supporting the internal infrastructure and sales team
- Acting as a skilled point of contact for pre- and post-sales technical product queries.
- Providing critical, on-demand technical support to key customers,
- Work alongside peers to identify, diagnose and resolve internal infrastructure and service issues
- Ensuring that the wider teams always have the computing tools needed
- Ensuring that regular maintenance and provisioning tasks are completed successfully
- Assist with hardware pre-staging, as part of a solution deployment project
- Completing project work to design and deliver enhancements to our infrastructure
- Recommending and evaluating new products, services, and technologies
- Liaising with vendor partners
- Participate in our on-call rota for supporting our key customers
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Strong experience using, deploying, and administering Linux distros
- Network routing and switching protocols, (IPv4, IPv6, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VLANs and Wi-Fi)
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows, specifically Server 2016 and Windows 10.
- Experience of Office 365 administration
- Demonstrable knowledge of using Active Directory, Group Policy and ideally, but not essentially, Appsense to control, configure and enhance the end-user experience
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Cisco CCNA
- MCSE / MCSA
- Embedded Linux
- Azure or AWS
- Cellular technologies
- Android deployment and management, with an understanding of containers
The chosen candidate will also be provided with extensive training.
The THOMAS Recruitment Group are an Employment Business. We supply temporary, contract and permanent staff to various companies throughout the UK to various sectors.
Located in South Wales, Midlands & the South West, we recruit for temporary and permanent job roles across the following core areas:
INDUSTRIAL | DRIVING | FMCG | PROFESSIONAL | ONSITE