The THOMAS Recruitment Group are recruiting for an Installation Engineer/Supervisor on behalf of a UK based Client. Our client is seeking a pro-active and energetic individual who thrives in a challenging SME environment, interacting with internal & external customers and being part of a dynamic Technical Services Team.
You will need to have a proven track record of installing and supervising others related to CCTV, IT, Wireless & Security related infrastructure. This would be within a high quality and Health & Safety environment, delivering services to mainly Corporate and Government clients.
- Ability to effectively manage both individuals and teams
- Full clean UK Driving Licence
- Work efficiently
- Able to coordinate effectively with the team
- Strong work ethic
- Prioritise workload effectively.
- Have a can-do attitude, be self-motivated & an eye for detail
- The ability to communicate effectively & efficiently.
- Ability to read drawings and plans.
Specific Key Accountabilities
The role covers the onsite installation and support of a range of technical systems ranging from IT infrastructure (including copper & fibre cabling), wireless telecoms systems through to CCTV and Access Control. It is an extremely “hands on” and varied role delivering professional technical installation capability across the entire technical services function as required.
The successful candidate will have to operate as the Company’s on-site lead for the following disciplines:
- Health & Safety – responsible for the full adherence to our ISO-45001 certified Health & Safety systems on site at all times. This may range from a team of 2 up to a team of 12+ from various subcontractors.
- Quality – responsible for ensuring the finished product works exactly as intended within very stringent tolerances matching industry specifications and our ISO-9001 certified processes.
- Environment – responsible for ensuring full adherence to all requirements of the Company’s ISO 14001 certified environmental strategy
- Constant supervision of all onsite installation resource including staff, contract labour and subcontractor companies
- Ensuring all installation activities meet the technical & health & safety requirements as required and to all associated British Standards and legislation.
- Single point of contact for the onsite client team.
- Daily production of and reporting on progress and delays, detailing all commercial issues required for submitting variations to the client.
- Daily completion of quality tracking systems through, visual inspections, testing and photographs, ensuring the Company’s office-based team are constantly updated and any questions/issues immediately raised & resolved.
- Daily update & reporting on percentage completion of tasks against the weekly plan. Immediate notification of delays and projected failure to meet planned timescales or overspend on labour or materials.
- Overall responsibility for all installation activities and for achieving site acceptance testing within the desired planned timescales.
- Preplanning and preparation of all onsite installation activities.
- Installation of CCTV, Access Control & Wireless equipment.
- Installation, termination & testing of structured cabling (CAT5/6)
- Installation of cable management: cable tray, conduit, trunking and cable basket
- Installation, termination & testing of fibre optic cabling including fusion splicing
- Physical installation of IT equipment such as servers, PC’s & UPS’s etc.
- Installation, termination & testing of RF cabling (coax etc.)
Desirable Skills & Qualifications
- IPAF 1a, 3a, 3b, MEWP certification
- CCNSG/CSCS or equivalent H&S card
- SSSTS, IOSH Supervising Safely, IOSH Managing Safely or Similar supervisory qualification
- C&G or NVQ level 2 or 3 in related discipline e.g. electrical, building services, mechanical engineering etc.
Hours: Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30
(Requires flexibility and some OOH’s working)
This role will involve working at height & traveling throughout the UK with constant overnight stays.
If you are interested in this position, then please click ‘APPLY NOW’ below