The THOMAS Recruitment Group are recruiting on behalf of a global medical company based in South Wales. Our client is seeking a Stores Controller to join their team on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for managing stock components in a Kanban system to ensure that stocks are maintained to support manufacturing and available at the point of need. You will also need to obtain a cross-functional perspective of all activities within the scope of the Stores department to permit cross-functional working and coverage.
Key Duties & Accountabilities
- As a member of the store’s team you will liaise with key personnel, including manufacturing and procurement teams
- Undertake all Works Order material kitting requirement in line with planned production demand
- Daily monitoring and replenishment of all Kanban locations in SAAR, GBR, and main stores
- Deputise as required (after cross-functional training) in all other stores activities
- Contribute to high standards of housekeeping and a safe working environment in the store’s area
Skills & Experience
- Previous stores experience gained in a high-tech, complex component environment.
- Previous experience of material kit picking and line feeding.
- A team player with excellent organisational, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics
- Knowledge of manual handling and safe workings practices
- Good IT skills and competent IT system user, previous ERP experience would be an advantage
- Dexterity & Excellent attention to detail
- A proactive can-do attitude and always seeking continuous improvement
- Needs to be flexible regarding all aspects of your job role and give your full support to all new systems/ideas that are implemented within the company.
- To ensure compliance and adherence to all company policies, procedures, and expected standards, including, but not limited to aspects surrounding Quality, Regulatory and Environmental, Health and Safety
- Hold a European / UK driving licence
Shift Pattern: Alternating
Specialising in permanent roles, we understand the needs of both clients and candidates, ensuring all are well provided for throughout the interview process. If you think you would be well suited to this role, ‘SUBMIT’ your C.V today and one of our experts will be in touch!