The THOMAS Recruitment Group is recruiting on behalf of a Manufacturing client based in Pontypool. Our client is seeking a Shift Manager on a permanent basis.
To provide comprehensive and pro-active management and leadership, ensuring the delivery of production targets, delivery of customer quality expectations, food hygiene, cost parameters and legal obligations are met.
Shifts: 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM Mon-Thursday
- To ensure the factory output targets are met to quality parameters in the most effective manner available in current circumstances.
- To ensure that all staff are working in a safe and practical manner with full compliance to all current legislation including (but not limited to) Health & Safety, Food Safety etc.
- Ensure that staff on-site follow standard Company and Statutory procedures in all aspects of food production.
- To review factory procedures and practices against best practice and legal requirements.
- To plan and implement agreed changes to procedures and practices
- To ensure that the Senior Production Manager / Site Operations Manager is kept informed regarding site status and any potentially sensitive issues in a timely manner.
- To consistently challenge existing practices and behaviours where these deviate from the organisations existing processes and desired culture
- To manage your team appropriately and in accordance with their principle terms and conditions of employment and procedures outlined within the Company handbook.
- To manage all HR issues relating to your team, i.e. attendance, punctuality, discipline, grievance, etc. consistently and in accordance with the Company’s procedures.
- To ensure that all recruitment/internal promotions are consistent with the relevant role profile and make provision for structured interviews and succession planning to help facilitate this requirement.
- To be a key driver in daily operations meetings to improve performance and communication.
- To undertake relevant project work as determined by the Operations Manager / Group Technical Manager
- To demonstrate open, democratic, and supportive behaviour, consistent with the organisational culture.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven track record in Production Management and be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques. Experience in achieving and maintaining customer requirements and Health and Safety standards will be essential.
- Previous experience in a bakery manufacturing environment is essential with an understanding of the Chroley Wood Process and Sheeting Lines
Specialising in permanent roles, we understand the needs of both clients and candidates, ensuring all are well provided for throughout the interview process. If you think you would be well suited to this role, ‘SUBMIT’ your C.V today and one of our experts will be in touch.