The THOMAS Recruitment Group are recruiting for an SHE Advisor on behalf of a Cardiff based Client. Our client is seeking an SHE Advisor to provide advice and guidance to ensure compliance with legislation and applicable standards. You will actively contribute to continuously improving the processes and procedures.
- Carry out risk assessments, COSHH assessments and manual handling assessments and consider how risks could be reduced.
- Outline standard operational procedures which identify and consider all relevant hazards.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
- Carry out health and safety inductions.
- Carry out proactive safety monitoring such as fire drills & first aider scenario tests.
- Carry out in-house training with employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Investigate & record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all health and safety executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer’s industry.
- Produce health & safety communications, lesson learnt, safety alerts.
- Organise the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. Asbestos
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. Fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Any other health, safety and environmental duties as required.
Skills and Attributes
- 1-year experience in a health and safety role.
- NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent or currently working towards this.
- Good foundation of knowledge of health and safety legislation.
- Excellent communication and engagement skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- TechIOSH with evidence of CPD
- Knowledge of ISO standards: 9001, 14001 & 45001
- Environmental Certificate
- Knowledge of SharePoint Online