The THOMAS Recruitment Group is recruiting on behalf of an established medical device company based in Cardiff, our client is seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager to manage a small team permanently.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Head of Product & Marketing, the Senior Product Manager is responsible for the execution of the product vision and strategy Of the UK Group, as well as overseeing the day-to-day management and development of the Group’s product portfolio.
This is a Senior position within the Product Management function, that has the overall responsibility of managing all stages of activity within the product lifecycle, helping underpin the wider commercial strategy. The Senior Product Manager is responsible for managing the development of the Product Management Team, the quality of their output and their effectiveness as a team.
- In close collaboration with sister companies, the Senior Product Manager will play a leading role in the New Product Introduction (NPI) process, ensuring that market and user requirements are translated correctly into commercially attractive product offerings.
- Working closely with the innovation team, the Senior Product Manager will be required to identify new opportunities in the ostomy arena and into adjacent therapeutic areas where appropriate.
- You will ensure that UK Ostomy plays an active and key role in the Group’s NPI stage-gate process to ensure products are brought to market in a timely and successful manner.
- Oversee the management of UK user trials as necessary to inform the product development process and interpret the data for a successful implementation.
- Working closely with the Marketing Team, develop the core positioning and compelling messaging for all new products based on user insights and trials.
- Be responsible for uncovering key market and user insights, and ensuring their requirements are translated correctly into commercially attractive product offerings
- Lead the use of a variety of techniques and sources such as focus groups, online communities, qualitative & quantitative research, post-market surveillance, sales and nursing teams; to ensure we are up-to-speed on market trends and have an appropriately prioritised product roadmap.
- Be the key agent of UK Ostomy market understanding – working closely with both internal and external clinical specialists to identify, understand and drive improvements and development of the U.K. commercial offering.
- Work closely with product users to develop insight and user-centred approach to the Group’s product development and marketing strategies.
- Be an expert with respect to understanding the effectiveness of Group products in the marketplace, including the analysis and interpretation of pre and post-market user assessment data, and make recommendations for product improvements/developments.
- Using a variety of metrics, monitor the commercial performance of Group products in the marketplace (old and new) and be able to formulate and articulate strategies when intervention is required.
- Responsible for the lifecycle management of all Group products, including all “end of life” activity following product discontinuation to minimise commercial risk and maximise customer retention.
- Be an expert with respect to the UK stoma market and the wider healthcare landscape including competitor products and commercial activities.
- Ensure there is appropriate market access to products and services, through the submission and maintenance of products & services on various UK listings, including but not limited to the national Drug Tariffs and the more localised and regional formulary listings.
- Take a highly analytical approach to understand market dynamics, spearheading investigation and analyses into products and markets and ensuring that, in working with the commercial functions of the business, we develop commercially attractive propositions.
- Work closely with the wider commercial team to maximise opportunities for both new and existing product ranges.
- Lead the Product Team’s responsibility to act as product champions. Ensure the presentation and appearance of products is of the highest standard and to report any changes or areas of concern to the Head of Product & Marketing and/or the Head of Manufacturing Services.
- Working with the wider Product & Marketing Department, contribute to the development and delivery of the UK Ostomy ‘ProfEd’ and ‘MedEd’ offerings.
- Oversee the management of 3rd party goods inspections process and Respond products to ensure all branded products that a released into the market as fit for purpose are of a high standard.
- Oversee the management of the product training induction process for all new employees, and where appropriate, tailor the training to match the requirements/nature of the role.
- Oversee the planning and delivery of formal product training to external stakeholders to support commercial activity as required.
- BSc/BA in relevant field
- Professional qualification in Marketing, Product Management, or equivalent
- Previous Product Management experience
- Experience in managing a team
- Strong data analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to network internally and externally
- Attention to detail
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Advanced level Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in ostomy or medical devices
- Marketing/Sales experience
Specialising in permanent roles, we understand the needs of both clients and candidates, ensuring all are well provided for throughout the interview proccess. If you think you would be well suited to this role, ‘SUBMIT’ your C.V today and one of our experts will be in touch!