The THOMAS Recruitment Group is exclusively recruiting for a Logistics Planning Manager on behalf a market leading building supplies company, based on the outskirts of Hereford.
Our client is seeking an experienced, proactive and driven Logistics Planning Manager to lead a small team who provide an outstanding customer service, support to the business and drive sales in the most efficient and sustainable way.
- Receiving products and coordinating delivery, also facilitating the delivery of goods from one destination to another.
- Ensuring goods are available for dispatch on time.
- Contacting customers to arrange and confirm transportation, scheduling staff and orchestrating deliveries to meet customer demand with little or no delay.
- Taking steps to avoid quality control issues and ensuring minimal stock is kept at optimal levels.
- Liaising with suppliers.
- Creating purchase orders.
- Managing activities throughout the order fulfilment and transportation cycle to make sure established deadlines are met.
- Monitoring production daily.
- Overseeing inventory of goods and vehicles. Issuing lorry check sheets and ensuring they are collected weekly, reporting any major faults
- Streamlining shipping and transportation processes – export and import.
- Booking lorries in for mandatory checks and maintenance/MOT/Tax.
- Ensuring driver training records, licences etc are kept up to date/ book CPC’s as required.
Other ad-hoc duties
- Learning about all the products, using our comprehensive website to assist with this.
- Ensuring you are efficient in pricing and being comfortable liaising with customers.
- Guiding customers through the buying process face to face, email and telephone.
- Providing quotations, taking orders from customers and taking payments
- Providing job cards for yard staff
- Using Sage to log financial activity
- Understanding of a Sales Cycle
- Talent for recognising opportunities for process improvement
- Strong computer literacy incl. Accounting Software (Sage 50)
- Ability to work with and lead a small team
- Understanding of Quality Management principles
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- The ability to make decisions and being able to organise and prioritise
- Salary of £20,000 – £25,000 dependent on experience
- Secure/ progressive company
- Full training provided
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday
- To undertake your duties with enthusiasm and pride
- To lead by example at all times
- Adopt a ‘safety first’ approach to all that you do
- To be flexible and able to work in a high-pressure environment.
TO APPLY CALL 02920 393444 between 8.30am – 5.00pm OR EMAIL email@example.com
THOMAS Recruitment Group are an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re permanent recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.