The THOMAS Recruitment Group is recruiting on behalf of an established medical device company based in Cardiff. Our client is seeking an experienced Sage X3 ERP Analyst to join their team on a permanent basis. Excellent training and progression opportunities will be offered to the successful candidate.
This Sage X3 ERP Analyst role involves implementing change enabling projects across the Group while working alongside the IT Service Desk to provide 2nd line support for the system. Part of a team that supports the development of Sage X3 and associated integrated systems.
This role includes:
- Project work involving the analysis and reengineering of existing business processes,
- The identification and implementation of new processes that provide control and business efficiencies.
This work will primarily be within the finance, manufacturing, inventory, purchasing, and sales modules within X3, but could expand as more modules are utilised.
- Handling change requests for process modification.
- Modification and creation of system outputs using Crystal Reports and associated SQL procedures.
- Security auditing.
- Development testing.
- System maintenance and housecleaning.
- Training of system processes to business users.
- Responsible for developing Sage X3 and its supporting systems to improve control and efficiencies across the business.
- Responsible for analysing business processes and finding business efficiencies which have a direct impact on the performance of the group.
- Manage acceptance testing of all new interface/patch installations in a test environment that could affect the live Sage X3 system.
- Manage roll-out of changes to the live Sage X3 system, ensuring business continuity.
- Analyse user requirements for reports, forms, queries, and data extraction.
- Creating, reviewing, and updating SOP’s run through Sage X3 and ensuring compliance with QA/RA.
- Working with QA/RA to ensure Software Validation is completed for any process change.
- Implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to the ERP and associated databases.
- Provide user education on Sage X3 and supporting information services via training, and managing documentation.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Substantial proven experience working with Sage X3.
- Sage accreditation on finance, manufacturing, inventory, purchasing, and sales modules preferred but reasonable proven working experience accepted.
- Experience in gathering, documenting, and understanding customer requirements and defining and implementing specifications.
- Experience delivering projects that have implement process change across a business using Sage X3.
- 2nd line support experience with Sage X3.
- Must have used Version 9 and above of X3, but ideally Version 11.
- Creating and modifying reports using Crystal Reports and associated SQL stored procedures.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Proven experience in delivering Sage X3 process training to users.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience in integrating add-on software with Sage X3.
- Strong technical knowledge of SQL Server.
Specialising in permanent roles, we understand the needs of both clients and candidates, ensuring all are well provided for throughout the interview process. If you think you would be well suited to this role, ‘SUBMIT’ your C.V today and one of our experts will be in touch!