The THOMAS Recruitment Group is recruiting on behalf of a Food Manufacturing client based in Redditch. Our client is seeking a Quality Technician to support their QA team permanently.
The salary offered for this position is £21,500 – £24,500 per annum along with alternating shifts (A Shift: Every Sunday, Monday & Tuesday 06:00-18:00; and every other Wednesday 06:00-18:00)
Roles & Responsibilities
- Collection of all samples for analysis in accordance with scheduled requirements, accurately inputting into required systems.
- Carry out swabbing requirements in compliance with documented schedules.
- Carry out documented ingredient and packaging inspection checks, feeding back results to the Intake Compliance controller.
- Ensure test packs are made up to accurate weight and that all packaging tare weights are checked and updated.
- Confirm the accuracy of measuring equipment by performing calibration/verification checks including liaising with external companies where required. Maintain up to date schedules of all equipment ensuring equipment is operating within tolerance, actioning any out of specification in a timely manner ensuring equipment is available for factory monitoring checks.
- Maintain and update Glass and Hard plastic and start-up audit sheets and booklets.
- Play an active role in the complaints reduction action plan working with the QA team and operations to drive high product quality standards.
- Set up and run quality taste panels, including cooking products as required. Ensure full documentation of the panel, highlighting all individual issues.
- Product quality assessment work as requested; SOL, EOL, over shelf life, consistency panels.
- Control of completed factory paperwork ensuring paperwork is organised and easily obtainable for traceability and audit purposes.
- Control of factory consumables through numbering/coding and issuing to operational departments.
- Confirmation of detection methods for consumable items such as Metal detection checks on new batches of plasters, pens etc.
- To be a key member of the site audit traceability team.
- Work positively to drive continuous improvement in the QA systems.
- Fully understand and comply with all department and company policies and guidelines.
- Any other duties or project work may be assigned as deemed necessary to the needs of the business.
Key Accountabilities & Measurables
- Taste panel schedule compliance – completion rate KPI
- QA procedural third party and customer audit compliance – areas of responsibility, level of NC’s raised.
- Accuracy of data input and schedule compliance for samples and swabbing – Level of errors identified.
- Calibration matrix up to date – Level of equipment calibrations and verifications completed within date.
Qualifications / Experience
- Experience in Food industry.
- Food Safety qualification at Level 2 or higher.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, outlook, word, excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Experience in a similar role.
Core Values & Additional Essential Criteria
It is an essential requirement that the role incumbent displays behaviours that reflect our ‘Core Values’ of Teamwork, Quality, Honesty and Passion
Demonstrable compliance with competency framework – CL1
Specialising in permanent roles, we understand the needs of both clients and candidates, ensuring all are well provided for throughout the interview process. If you think you would be well suited to this role, ‘SUBMIT’ your C.V today and one of our experts will be in touch!