The THOMAS Recruitment Group is recruiting on behalf of a Food Manufacturing client based in Redditch. Our client is seeking a Quality Assurance Technologist to support their QA team permanently. The salary offered for this position is £23,000 – £28,000 per annum along with alternating shifts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work effectively as an internal quality assurance compliance auditor, carrying out audits in the following areas in line with scheduled requirement: GMP, CCP’s, Label and Date Coding, Traceability, Hygiene, Fabrication, Product quality, Documentation and Paperwork, Production processes and procedures. Ensuring full documentation of the audits and clear communication of audit results including non-conformance root cause follow up and verification of closure to prevent repeated issues.
- Investigate in light of food safety, quality or legality issues, obtaining full traceability information and communicate findings to management team.
- Follow QA procedures and systems to ensure compliance with required third party audit and customer code of practise standards.
- Manage Olympus Auto verification system, Metal Detectors, Check Weighers, ensure that all is set up prior to pre-production runs and provide support as required during operations.
- To be the first point of call for all other operational departments requiring food safety, legality, quality support/advice with the day to day factory operation.
- Investigations to be carried out for; out of specification results (OOS) for Microbiological, Allergen, Nutritional individual or trending issues; Customer complaints; Foreign body including metal and glass damage/breakage. Root cause analysis to determine actions required to resolve and prevent re-occurrence.
- Identify and issue documented Non-conformances, Concessions, Hold notifications.
- Manage the systems in place to ensure product and process is controlled. Ensure all Quarantined goods are managed appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Carry out routine validations in accordance with HACCP scheduled requirements, support with new process validations as required.
- Attendance at new product/process trials to ensure a smooth transition for launch.
- Play an active role in the complaints reduction action plan working with operations to drive high product quality standards.
- To be a key member of the audit traceability team.
- Communicate effectively with all the departments and across all levels.
- Ensure effectively documented handover to the next shift to maintain consistency in standards.
- Provide support and guidance to the Quality Assurance Technicians.
- Provide cover for the QA Technicians tasks during absence as requested by Technical management.
- Fully understand and comply with all department and company policies and guidelines.
- Work positively and cross-functionally with all departments to drive continuous improvement in product quality and QA systems.
- Any other duties or project work may be assigned as deemed necessary to the needs of the business.
Key Accountabilities & Measurables
- QA audit schedule compliance – completion rate KPI.
- QA procedural third party and customer audit compliance – QA area level of NC’s raised.
- Accuracy of equipment set up (MD, CW, Olympus etc) – Level of errors identified.
- Hold/Quarantine item management – Number remaining open / not dealt with within the required timescale.
- Investigation completion rate – Level of open investigation post required completion date.
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum two-year experience in food industry production or QA or Technical role
- Fluent English language
- Food Safety qualification at Level 2 or higher
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, outlook, word, excel, PowerPoint etc
- Internal auditor experience
- Food industry high care experience
- Higher education qualification, ideally in Food Quality / Food Safety/ Science related area
- Foundation level or higher in HACCP
- Internal auditor formal training
Core Values & Additional Essential Criteria
It is an essential requirement that the role incumbent displays behaviours that reflect our ‘Core Values’ of Teamwork, Quality, Honesty and Passion.
Demonstrable compliance with competency framework – CL2
Specialising in permanent roles, we understand the needs of both clients and candidates, ensuring all are well provided for throughout the interview process. If you think you would be well suited to this role, ‘SUBMIT’ your C.V today and one of our experts will be in touch!