The THOMAS Recruitment Group is recruiting on behalf of a Food Manufacturing client based in Redditch. Our client is seeking a Quality Assurance Controller to support their QA team permanently; the salary offered for this position is £27,000 – £28,000 per annum along with alternating shifts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Support on a day-to-day basis the QA team and other operational departments regarding food safety, legality and quality challenges
- Provide on a day-to-day basis task-based guidance to the QA team, communicating clear priorities whilst working in conjunction with the QA Manager and Technical Compliance team.
- Create and maintain dynamic auditing schedules (GMP, CCP, Label and Date coding…) and create standardised iAuditor reports based on the site’s work instructions.
- Ensure all audit results are clearly communicated to operations management and factory staff and that all non-conformances are closed out in an effective manner to prevent re-occurrence.
- Assist with the investigation of major food safety, quality or legality issues, obtaining full traceability information and effectively communicate findings to the Technical management team. Conduct root cause analysis to determine actions required to resolve and prevent re-occurrence.
- Review complaint investigations to ensure all necessary documents have been assessed and assist with process audits if required. Ensure investigations are carried out in conjunction with the relevant departments.
- Play an active role in the complaints reduction action plan working with operations to drive high product quality standards & complete improvement projects when required.
- Have a good understanding of all auto verification systems, foreign-body detection equipment i.e. metal detectors/Xray, check weighers, seal integrity monitoring equipment ensure that all is set up prior to pre-production runs and provide support as required during operations for legal, customer code of practise and BRC compliance.
- Identify and issue documented Non-conformances, Concessions, Hold notifications. Manage the systems in place to ensure product and process is controlled. Ensure all Quarantined goods are managed appropriately and in a timely manner. Ensure monthly stocktake of the QA hold locations is undertaken effectively.
- Ensure accuracy in sampling and submission data of all analysis testing undertaken by the QA team, liaise with Labs as required to ensure compliance.
- Ensure QA / production monitoring equipment is adequately stock controlled.
- Carry out routine validations in accordance with HACCP scheduled requirements, support with new process validations as required.
- Attendance at new product/process trials to ensure a smooth transition for launch.
- To be a key member of the audit traceability team and internal auditing team.
- Work positively and cross functionally with all departments to drive continuous improvement in product quality and QA systems.
- Follow QA procedures and systems to ensure compliance with required third party audit and customer code of practice standards. Fully understand and comply with all department and company policies and guidelines.
- Ensure all QA team training folders are up to date and training/development needs are highlighted and follow up to maintain an effective team.
- Ensure clear documented handover to the next shift to maintain consistency in standards.
- Managing time, attendance, holiday, and communication of the QA team.
- Provide weekend (as per shift pattern) cover for Export Compliance documentation as required.
- Provide cover for the QA Technologist tasks during absence as requested by Technical management.
- Provide cover for QA manager during periods of absence or as requested by Head of Technical.
- Any other duties or project work may be assigned as deemed necessary to the needs of the business.
Key Accountabilities & Measurables
- Ensure QA team are achieving compliance to schedules (Testing & Auditing) – Measured by KPI schedule compliance.
- Hold/Quarantine item management – Measured by Number remaining open / not dealt with within the required timescale.
- Support & train members of the QA team to improve performance – Measured by PDR performance.
- QA procedural internal, customer and third-party audit compliance – QA area level of NC’s raised.
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum three-year experience in food industry QA / Technical / Food Safety role.
- Fluent English language (spoken & written).
- Food Safety and HACCP qualification at Level 3 or higher (can be provided by the site, required to pass).
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, outlook, word, excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Internal Auditing experience.
- Food industry high care experience.
- Higher education qualification, ideally in Food Quality / Food Safety/ Science related area.
- Internal auditor formal training.
- Management of staff.
Specialising in permanent roles, we understand the needs of both clients and candidates, ensuring all are well provided for throughout the interview process. If you think you would be well suited to this role, ‘SUBMIT’ your C.V today and one of our experts will be in touch!