The THOMAS Recruitment Group is recruiting on behalf of a Food Manufacturing client based in Redditch. Our client is seeking a Quality Assurance Assistant to support their QA team permanently; the salary offered for this position is £22,500 – £26,500 per annum.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain the complaint handling system ensuring complaints are dealt with in a timely manner. Communicate internally and externally individual complaints and complaint trends. Working with QA and Operational departments to ensure complaint investigations are issued, carried out, route cause documented and actions taken to minimise repeated issues ensuring closure.
- A key member of the complaint reduction action team, supporting QA Manager to drive improvements.
- Overseeing Taste Panels and feedback issues identified in a timely manner to enable corrective and preventative actions. Monitor and highlight trends whilst having an active part in Quality Improvement initiatives to drive product quality standards.
- Provide accurate timely Quality Assurance KPI data daily, weekly, monthly including trending in a visual format to enable the site management team to assess food quality, safety and legality.
- Complete customer format KPI reports in an accurate timely manner.
- Create and maintain work instructions for all task-based requirements within the Quality department.
- Support Technical Management and the QA team with administrative tasks and improvements to ensure QA systems are compliant with required third party audit and customer code of practice standards.
- Provide cover for the Quality Technicians during periods of absence or sickness.
- Prepare Export Compliance documentation on a daily basis according to scheduled requirements.
- Manage QA equipment and consumables to ensure adequacy for the purpose and is in stock.
- Administration of invoicing for QA purchase orders.
- Work positively and cross-functionally with all departments to drive continuous improvement in product quality and QA systems.
- Fully understand and comply with all department and company policies and guidelines.
- Any other duties and projects that may be assigned as deemed necessary to the needs of the business.
Key Accountabilities & Measurables
- KPI data to be provided on a daily, weekly, monthly, period basis by the set deadlines as determined by the internal and customer technical management.
- Individual complaints and complaint trends addressed through to closure.
- Taste panels to take place in line with the scheduled requirements, with results and trends communicated daily and weekly.
- Administration of QA systems up to date on a weekly basis.
- Undertake initiatives to raise product quality standards on a monthly basis.
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum one-year experience in food industry QA or Technical role.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word.
- Fluent English language.
- Higher education qualification.
- Higher education qualification in Food Quality / Food Safety related area.
- Complaint handling experience.
Core Values & Additional Essential Criteria
It is an essential requirement that the role incumbent displays behaviours that reflect our ‘Core Values’ of Teamwork, Quality, Honesty and Passion.
Demonstrable compliance with competency framework – CL2
Specialising in permanent roles, we understand the needs of both clients and candidates, ensuring all are well provided for throughout the interview process. If you think you would be well suited to this role, ‘SUBMIT’ your C.V today and one of our experts will be in touch!