A fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing Purchasing Manager.
This is a permanent position.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for procurement of raw materials, equipment and services.
• Ensure that the facility runs in a safe, sustainable and cost efficient manner.
• Formulate & Implement the purchasing strategy for the business
• Drive supplier performance in terms of cost reduction, OTD, quality performance, contract adherence, and other company policies as required
Responsibilities include (but not limited too):
• Supplier selection / rationalisation,
• Cost optimisation strategies,
• Contract negotiation,
• KPI monitoring of spend,
• Forecasting material requirements,
• Risk management,
• Inventory control in conjunction with key business stakeholders.
• Minimum of 10 years operations of purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment
• Previous experience of people management is preferred but not essential
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and demanding environment with multiple on-going short/long term tasks
• Excellent IT skills with high proficiency in MS Office Tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project), Lotus, etc.
• Excellent ERP systems & process understanding
THOMAS Recruitment Group are an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re permanent recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.