Thomas Professional is actively recruiting for an experienced Purchasing Manager for our manufacturing client in Monmouthshire.
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management of the Purchasing department. Key responsibilities include ensuring all materials and quantities are purchased correctly to client requirements whilst supporting suppliers to continuously save costs.
- Keep raw material levels to a minimum to achieve stock turn targets.
- Source new supplies to reduce costs and aim to prove supplier base performance.
- Monitor and assess market and product demand to ensure future availability of materials.
- Implement and manage purchasing and contract management instructions, policies and procedures.
- Monthly KPI reporting
- Measure and manage vendor and supplier cost and delivery performance.
- Investigate and report on manning requirements to ensure that direct and indirect labour is sufficient to customer requirements.
- Monitor sales requirements in order to ensure that the manufacturing structure is fluid to meet customer demands.
- Develop, instrument and manage the organisations purchasing policy.
- Work in partnership with the program management team in relation to new project information, i.e. part numbers.
- Continuously aim to reduce costs of purchased items.
- Continuously deliver and maintain a best in class procurement supply chain which is capable of supporting profitable growth and competitive advantage.
To be considered for this position, candidates must be an experienced Purchasing professional with automotive/ manufacturing exposure. CIPS or degree qualified/ diploma within business administration or management.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits and the unique opportunity to join a leading manufacturing organisation.
TO APPLY CALL 02920 393444 between 8am – 5.30pm OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
THOMAS Recruitment Group are an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re permanent recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.