The THOMAS Recruitment Group are recruiting on behalf of a global medical company based in South Wales. Our client is seeking a Trainee Production Technician to join their team on a permanent basis.
Duties will involve:
- Being responsible for accurate assembly of components and products in accordance with prescribed methods and practices.
- Assisting product development and technician staff in the development of new and technically innovative products
- Supporting and/or conducting feasibility studies, tests and evaluations as necessary.
- Assisting in the evaluation and qualification of new assembly equipment and manufacturing processes as required.
- Planning and executing work accordingly, to achieve timely goals and objectives as agreed for each assembly task and/or product development activity.
- Working in accordance with quality procedures and practises and partake in quality programmes for the establishment of ISO (phone number removed)/2012
- Maintaining and assisting others in maintaining the cleanliness of the product assembly and tissue test rooms whilst remaining vigilant at all times for possible causes of contamination and raising any concerns in this regard to your line manager.
- Attending company meetings and meet with suppliers and visiting consultants as and when necessary.
- Undertaking any relevant training programmes as deemed necessary.
- Working with all other company employees as a team member and not limit work to any particular discipline or function,
- Being flexible and prepared to take on other duties as might reasonably be expected of you from time to time.
- Ensuring that your line manager is kept fully informed of all situations be they technical, organisational or personal.
- Ensuring that all documentation, including drawings, sketches, calculations, records and test data are properly filed and maintained and to keep a full and comprehensive logbook
Skills & Experience
- Relevant experience in a practical role requiring excellent dexterity and intricate handling/assembly of micro components, using microscopes, electronic and mechanical equipment.
- Proactive with a ‘Can-Do’ attitude.
- Ability to understand and work to technical documents and instructions.
- Proficient IT skills – familiarity with MS Office Word and Excel would be an advantage.
- Prior cleanroom work experience.
Specialising in permanent roles, we understand the needs of both clients and candidates, ensuring all are well provided for throughout the interview process. If you think you would be well suited to this role, ‘SUBMIT’ your C.V today and one of our experts will be in touch!