A fantastic opportunity has arisen in our clients market leading Manufacturer. Working in a vibrant and focussed environment working alongside a team of people that are empowered to make a difference within a specific industrial market.
This permanent position, Mon to Thurs 8am – 16:30 and Fri 8am – 13:00.
Summary of Job
• Responsible for the creation of the production plan though advanced knowledge of planning methods and Preactor.
• Assuring a plan that is realistic for production by relentlessly driving data integrity and process compliance across the supply chain functions of Planning, Procurement, and Warehouse.
• Whilst not a direct manager of the end-to-end supply chain, the individual needs to collaborate across all functions to drive high performance in OTIF.
• Cardiff has lost expertise in this area and the team need an experienced MPS with knowledge of all supply chain functions.
S2S targets for the role include;
• Schedule adherence to be increased from 38% % to >70% within 3 months
• OTIF by lines to be increase from 66% to >90% within 6 months
• Reduce overdue orders from £400K to £50K over 4 months
• Increase standard range in stock from 91% to 95% within 3 months
Roles & Responsibilities
• Releasing of MO proposals within M3
• Updating Preactor with the necessary inputs to create an achievable production plan (e.g. machine performance, holidays, downtime)
• Creating production schedules by work centre
• Creation and updating of the capacity plan
• Leading the operational inputs to the Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning process
Skills, Knowledge, Experience Required
• Master Production Scheduling in a manufacturing facility, ideally with a mix of make to stock and engineer to order products
• Production scheduling of a multi-cell / shared resource production facility
• Experience of running a Preactor planning system essential
• Knowledge of wider Supply Chain Management practices and theory a benefit
• Ideally degree educated in advance manufacturing operations or supply chain management
• Full time permanent position, 37.5 hours
• Salary negotiable, dependant on experience
• Pension, up to 7.5%
• Company laptop included
TO APPLY CALL 02920 393444 between 8am – 5.30pm OR EMAIL Mollie@thomasrecruitment.co.uk
THOMAS Recruitment Group are an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re permanent recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.