The role will require a positive, energetic, innovative individual who continually seeks to identify best practice, improving processes and team performance.
The Product Support Manager will manage the Product Support Team to support existing products to develop bespoke solution based on existing design for specific customer requirements.
• Full time permanent position, 37.5 hours
• Salary negotiable, dependant on experience
• Pension, up to 7.5%
• Company laptop & mobile included
Roles & Responsibilities
• Ensure H&S standards are maintained in line with the Framework, procedures and safe systems of work.
• Provides leadership and direction to the Product Support Team
• Undertake staff appraisals, identify training requirements and manage team performance and maintain motivational levels of engineering teams
• Delivery of Bespoke product designs in line with required timescales
• Maintenance of Engineering data – drawings, master item data, BOMs
• Production support – material reviews, acceptance criteria
• Creation and maintenance of Production drawings
• Ensure DFM is incorporated in new and existing products
1. Set up Item Variants process to reduce the number of modified standard items that need engineering resource.
2. Set up Automated model/drawing generation for standard modifications to save engineering time
3. Make drawings more understandable to reduce errors during manufacture
4. Performing cost reviews for products – produce standard costing tables to reduce time and increase accuracy to cost bespoke products
5. Measure and improve on time delivery from the product support team
6. Measure and reduce the number engineering errors during Item Creation
7. Improve the Item Creation time and Over Target standard deviation
a. Current Item Creation average 10 days, objective target 8 days
b. Current Over Target standard deviation 7.28 days, objective target 5 days
• Good financial and commercial awareness
• Report and proposal writing skills
• Advanced IT skills (particularly MS Excel)
• Experience of using an ERP system
• 3D modelling
• Conceptual and detail design / analysis / testing
• Mechanical power transmission design
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
• CEng MIMechE Ideally
TO APPLY CALL 02920 393444 between 8am – 5.30pm OR EMAIL Mollie@thomasrecruitment.co.uk
THOMAS Recruitment Group are an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re permanent recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.