To aid and support the launch process including assisting with production trials, ingredient reviews and generation of factory paperwork. Workload to be directed by direct manager and prioritised across customer teams as appropriate.
This is a permanent position, Mon to Fri 8am – 16:30.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Standards of Performance
- Management and organisation of factory trials in line with internal and customer critical path requirements coordinating across functions as appropriate.
- Ensure ingredients and packaging for trials are in place, that they are fit for purpose and in line with or surpassing customer expectations.
- Carrying out production trials with evaluation of product packaging, quality and organoleptic. Appropriate, clear communication of trials, outcomes and next steps. Statistical analysis where appropriate.
- Product shelf life and nutritional testing to be complete in line with critical path.
- Factory launch manufacturing paperwork preparation including QAS for all processing stages.
- Follow NPD pathway to ensure successful launches and capture areas for improvement.
- Co-ordination of supplier visits for trials, pre-production trials and launches where required.
- Completion of Retailer Specifications.
- Smooth implementation of new equipment into the manufacturing process, liaising with engineering, operations as appropriate ensuring health & safety and food safety compliance.
- Attend supplier visits to problem solve processes, ensure fit for purpose and oversee production runs.
- Full understanding of the costing model and assessment of trials in terms of labour and material compliance.
- Conduct process validations for both new and existing processes in line with internal policies and procedures.
- Graduate/undergraduate or equivalent qualification in food related subject.
- Experience of food processing / chilled foods environment and significant evidence of understanding of food safety issues.
- Attention to detail coupled with ability to work at fast pace.
- Good communication skills with colleagues and with factory staff – demonstrates appreciation of others challenges.
- Able to deliver a line trial in liaison with operations, npd and technical, ensuring appropriate critical path management.
- Able to anticipate issues, correct in advance of manifestation, respond to developments appropriately and involving the right people.
- Able to work unsupervised and on own initiative, but sensitive to the needs and demands on other departments.
- Enthusiastic approach and self-motivated, identifies opportunities for improvement without guidance.
- Decision making on ingredients, packaging and overall product quality.
- Supplier liaison.
- Direct customer contact, internal and external, heading up process trial panels.
- Free Parking
- Career Progression
- Contributed Pension Scheme
- 28 holidays
TO APPLY CALL 02920 393444 between 8am – 5.30pm OR EMAIL Mollie@thomasrecruitment.co.uk
THOMAS Recruitment Group are an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re permanent recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.