The THOMAS Recruitment Group are recruiting on behalf of a Medical Company based in Chepstow for a Process Engineer on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to support the process engineering aspects of the project. You will be expected to assist with qualification, verification and validation of processes which will be done through the build and test process of the project.
Duties will involve:
- Identify process problems and non-conformance in manufacturing processes and develop corrective actions.
- Define and perform maintenance and calibration procedures.
- Drive continuous and process improvements.
- Project management.
- Design of jigs and fixtures using solid works.
- Manufacturing of devices containing small parts and low volume manufacturing.
- Support internal audits and work under ISO13485.
- Documentation preparation and control.
- Review procedures for accuracy and make updates using a Document Change Order to reflect process changes, and develop production procedures, standard operating procedures testing and inspection and drawings.
- Participate in New Product Development teams to establish quality standards for new products and create process procedures, specifications and work instructions as needed and support new product launches.
- Implement GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) throughout manufacturing.
- Coordinate the training of Manufacturing Operators, acting as a mentor and technical resource.
Qualifications, Skills and Competency:
- Experience in using adhesives
- Laser/ resistance welding skills
- Advanced Soldering skills
- PLC control experience
- Crimping skills
- Cleanroom experience (ISO class 7/8)
- Familiarity with ISO13485
- Solid works experience
- Familiarity with statistical process control (SPC, CPK’s etc.)
- Experience is designing pneumatical powered tooling
- Experience of working with external tooling companies
- Familiar with repeatability & reproducibility
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as and when required.
- Must have a current and valid UK / European driving licence.
- Must have unrestricted right to work in the UK.
- Needs to be flexible regarding all aspects of your job role, giving full support to all new systems / ideas that are implemented within the company.
- To undertake any other duties which may be required, and which are consummate with the posts position within the company
The THOMAS Recruitment Group are an Employment Business. We supply temporary, contract and permanent staff to various companies throughout the UK to various sectors.
Located in South Wales, Midlands & the South West, we recruit for temporary and permanent job roles across the following core areas:
INDUSTRIAL | DRIVING | FMCG | PROFESSIONAL | ONSITE
If you are interested in this position, then please click ‘APPLY NOW’ below