The THOMAS Recruitment Group are recruiting for a Process Engineer on behalf of a Cardiff based Client. Our client is seeking a Process Engineer to work as part of a team responsible for process improvements, machine reliability, waste control, and quality of the finished product.
You will be required to lead projects as required, taking responsibility for continuous improvements, new product development, installation and commissioning of new machinery, and various new products or machine related projects.
- Support engineering with design, re-design and development of process equipment
- Work with various cross functional teams to continuously improve and maintain operational processes
- Work closely with engineering and production to ensure that equipment reliability and repeatability is maintained at the optimum level
- To work with component and machine suppliers to eradicate process problems identified by production and maintenance
- Provide training and support to operators and team leaders in the operation of new equipment or processes
- Organise, implement, maintain and improve production process flows
- Drive a continuous improvement culture and Lean manufacturing techniques / principles throughout the business.
- Investigate customer quality concerns relating to process and transport, using RCA and implementation of 8D methodology to reduce / eliminate repeat concern.
- Identify ways to reduce production costs, project plan changes and implement challenging deadlines.
- Drive change on 7 wastes culture.
- Ability to create FMEA’s.
- Preparation of various engineering deliverables such as drawings for manufacture, Process Flow diagrams, Process Datasheets, Equipment Specifications, Cause & Effect diagrams, shutdown procedures, TPM documentation.
- Lead meetings as necessary for delivery of organisation and personal objectives.
Skills and Attributes
- Educated to HNC level (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline would be beneficial.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Logical approach to work.
- Lean Management
- Tactful, diplomatic and open-minded manner, coupled with assertiveness and the ability to influence at management level.
- Good time management, ability to plan and prioritise own workload with a strong focus on delivery.
- Must be capable of communicating with people at all levels throughout the organisation, in groups or one to one.
- Must be fully proficient in the use of software Microsoft office. Experience of 2D and / or 3D CAD would be beneficial.
- A proven track record of implementing improvements in processes and operational effectiveness, whilst keeping focus on product quality and health & safety.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment with a good understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods.
- Have a proven track record in working to tight commercial deadlines.
- Self-motivated, energetic and able to drive pace.
- Professional and positive outlook to all tasks requested by manager
- Capability to project manage effectively.