An exciting opportunity for experienced Electronic PCB Section Team Leader to join our clients’ rapidly expanding manufacturing site. Must come from a PCB manufacturing background working with SMT (surface mount) and through hole soldering.
This is a permanent position, Monday to Friday (39hrs p/w) Monday to Thursday 7:45 – 4:30 and Friday 7:45 – 13:00.
Responsible for: Production Operatives x 1-10
Responsible to: Production Supervisor/ Manager
Summary of position
Mechanical assembly, wiring and soldering of metal enclosures and electronic components and/or PCBs using various hand and power tools, soldering equipment.
Following of build notes, Standard Operating Procedures, bills of materials, detailed drawings and pictures.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• 1st line, build support, training and mentoring of Production Operatives and identification of individual training needs to Production Supervisor/Manager.
• Driving the completion of assemblies and/or PCBs to manufacture specifications and workload planning to meet Customer deadlines including attendance to Production Meetings.
• Ensuring wiring, mechanically assembled or soldered product is consistent within Production Team with quality at all times and to relevant drawings.
• Ensuring Team accuracy and timeliness of relevant production forms indicating: requisitions, kit inaccuracy (shortage, over-issue, BOM adjustment) and material issues (damaged and faulty material).
• Attend daily production meetings feeding senior management with manufacturing updates and status on builds.
• Use the sage system for the day to day running of production/despatch/material control. This includes fulfilling w/o’s with sub-assemblies and creating despatch notes.
• Take a leading role on ensuring the online training matrix is up to date and complies with the ISO 9001 standard.
• 20+statutory holidays
• Monday to Thursday 7:45 – 16:30, Friday 7:45 – 13:00 (with potential overtime)
• Weekend working = double time
• Overtime = time and a half
Play an active role within the Production Team. This will be accomplished by:
• Identifying production critical processes and critical success factors.
• Carrying out 5S and other Continuous Improvement initiatives.
• Managing the Performance Measurement Process (PMP).
• Co-ordinate with other Departments in order to facilitate issue resolution and participate in cross functional team projects.
• The Production Team Leader could carry out any other duties within their competences as required by the Production Supervisor.
TO APPLY CALL 02920 393444 between 8am – 5.30pm OR EMAIL Mollie@thomasrecruitment.co.uk
THOMAS Recruitment Group are an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re permanent recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.