The THOMAS Recruitment Group are seeking a Payroll Manager to join their head office team in Cardiff. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be an experienced Payroll professional, capable of leading a large and busy payroll function that processes a weekly payroll for ‘blue-collar workers.
What’s in it for you?
- A basic salary between £28-£32k
- 9-5pm, Mon-Friday
- 25 Days Annual Leave & Public Bank Holidays (33)
- Birthday – Day off
- Annual Awards
- Employee of the Month
- Long Service Awards
- Free Parking
- Take full ownership of the weekly payroll function for a large volume of blue-collar workers in the UK
- Manage the communications and help problem-solve with outsourced providers and internal staff.
- Conduct all weekly, monthly, bi-monthly & annual payroll-related tasks
- Provide payroll guidance as required to other staff members.
- Enter payroll journals into accountancy software
- Ensure all payments to third parties such as HMRC and pensions providers are accurate and processed in a timely manner.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Candidates must be able to show a demonstrable track record of managing a large weekly payroll
- Must have detailed knowledge of all matters in areas such as Tax, NI, SSP and SMP
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel and Sage software experience
- Show a highly analytical mind with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoy working in a challenging and dynamic role
If you are ready to start your journey in a rapidly growing company with SUPERB earning potential, then get in touch today!