The THOMAS Recruitment Group is recruiting for an Operations Manager on behalf of an exciting innovative Waste Management company, based in Carmarthenshire.
Our client is seeking an experienced, results driven and forward-thinking Operations Manager to lead the organisation to success. You will be responsible for the delivery of exceptional performance, making a significant strategic contribution, delivering business objectives and operational strategy which exceeds the Company expectation. You will contribute fresh and creative ways of optimising efficiencies and improving profitability.
You will champion managers and staff to engage and work together in achieving a common goal, promoting a culture that encourages top performance and high morale. You will be an advocate of continuous improvement and take ownership for driving such culture through the business.
Through your teams, you will be expected to operate, maintain, optimise and improve standards in a multitude of areas including health and safety, financial budgets, plant efficiency, people management, cost efficiency and customer service.
- Challenge the performance of the business with Operational Managers (financial performance, operational performance, health and safety, operational and business projections and other special projects as required)
- Challenge management practises and behaviours to ensure continual professional improvement, safety and respect of all personnel.
- Responsible for activities at all internal operational sites and external commercial operations, ensuring consistency across the business.
- Working closely with all Stakeholders, clients and Managers to develop positive relationships whilst ensuring safe, compliant and efficient operations.
- Enforce and maintain the company HSE Policy and procedures, ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of all employees, contractors and visitors.
- Full responsibility for the financial performance for all operational areas and overall responsibility for compliance.
- Identifying new business opportunities, with contribution to the Company Business Plan.
- To challenge management practises and behaviours.
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures are adhered to within all operational functions at each site.
- Produce monthly reports, highlighting challenging areas along with solutions.
- Engagement of Managers and staff to create a culture of continuous improvement, safety and respect of all personnel.
- Implement and monitor agreed business plan targets, ensuring that operational and administrative systems are effective in achieving this.
- Responsible for commercial growth and tender submissions.
- Successfully implementing all Company policies to agreed standards.
- Ensuring all team members are executing their duties as required.
- Ensure that administrative systems effective and encourage a culture of staff feedback to promote continuous improvement.
- Interviewing for senior positions within the organisation and signing off offers of employment.
- Managing the direction of the company, supporting, leading and contributing to the 5-year business strategy to achieve the company’s objectives and guiding senior members of the company.
- Working closely with the Managing Director on sales strategy and approach to winning new business and analysing opportunities for growth in market segments to drive profitability. Carrying out regular analysis to identify any potential risks through industry and market changes.
- Looking for opportunities to increase efficiencies and speed up processes across the business.
- Setting department KPI’s to gauge company performance in all areas.
- Succession planning for senior members of departments to ensure all departments are managed continuously.
- Waste industry experience (minimum 10 years)
- Qualifications in WAMITAB and MCIWM – Chartered Waste Manager
- Senior operations management experience
- Sound understanding of waste treatment processes and operations
- In depth knowledge and understanding of recycling operations
- Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the company
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Effective leadership and people management skills
- A company car or car allowance
- Workplace Pension Scheme (Employee & Company Contributions)
- To undertake your duties with enthusiasm and pride
- To lead by example at all times
- Adopt the role of facilitator, mentor and coach
- The prompt implementation of decisions
- Adopt a ‘safety first’ approach to all that you do
- To be flexible and able to work in a high-pressure environment.
TO APPLY CALL 02920 393444 between 8.30am – 5.00pm OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
THOMAS Recruitment Group are an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re permanent recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.