The THOMAS Recruitment Group is recruiting on behalf of a Manufacturing client based in Pontypool. Our client is seeking two Night Shift Engineers on a permanent basis.
Shift Pattern: 6:00 PM – 6:00 AM (Week A 5 shifts and Week B 2 shifts)
The role of the Night Shift Engineer is primarily to support the running of the factory by resolving breakdowns and by delivering maintenance. Secondly, they are also required to drive improvement across the site in terms of new machinery, hygiene, quality, and performance.
- Responsible for all reactive and proactive maintenance work, whilst making sure it is carried out to the highest possible standards across the whole of the site.
- Expected to carry out all maintenance across the factory.
- Attend to breakdowns onsite ensuring that there is always a rapid response, and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimised.
- Always endeavour to reduce downtime of site plant and machinery.
- Carry out repairs to plant and equipment during production, effectively and efficiently, either alone and/or as part of a team, ensuring food safety standards are maintained.
- To carry out PPM onsite whilst always ensuring that there is a pro-active approach to planned maintenance and a high PPM output.
- Deliver on plant uptime and maintenance KPI’s through planned, preventative & predictive maintenance.
- Ensure Engineering time is managed effectively and that that there is low Engineering down-time.
- Improve OEE. H&S, Food Safety, and GMP
- Maintaining tools and equipment, so that they are in a safe working condition; as well as making sure that the workshop and plant rooms are always safe environments.
- Always adhere to Technical procedures and Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP)
- Work in a clean and orderly manner in compliance with the Company’s GMP Code of Practice
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are met, and that all equipment complies with Company and legal standards.
- Maintain daily Engineering report logs.
- Ensure work orders are completed on time.
- Liaise effectively with external contractors.
- Represent the Engineering department in production meetings and contribute to effective communication within the Engineering team.
- Make sure that there is good reporting and communication channels in place between Production, the Engineering team, and Engineering management.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with Production Managers whilst presenting a good image of the Engineering department.
- Minimum of 3 years engineering experience
- Multi-skilled with formal engineering qualification to NVQ Level 3 or higher
- Nationally recognised apprenticeship in an engineering discipline
- 17th Edition Certification.
- Computer literate and a working knowledge of MS Office and a PPM system
Specialising in permanent roles, we understand the needs of both clients and candidates, ensuring all are well provided for throughout the interview process. If you think you would be well suited to this role, ‘SUBMIT’ your C.V today and one of our experts will be in touch.