The THOMAS Recruitment Group are recruiting on behalf of a Food Manufacturer based in Ebbw Vale. Our client is a privately-owned supplier of quality food solutions into the retail & foodservice sectors.
The role – A National Account Manager to join our client on a permanent basis. This role would suit an experienced National Account Manager with a chilled food background.
Purpose of the role:
The successful candidate will take charge of growing the business and would perfectly suit someone who enjoys the excitement of driving existing & new business agendas, prospecting new business and further expanding ranges within current customers. Overall responsibility for annual Budget P&L
- Take responsibility for an individual portfolio including 2 major UK retailers ensuring that company profitability & growth targets are met.
- Implement, monitor, report & forecast on account performance against sales budget and cash margin in order to maximise future performance.
- Develop, implement and maintain individual customer account plans which identify key activities and priorities in line with company strategic objectives, and thereby maximise profitability.
- Annually review customer account plans as part of the budgeting process for the following year.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments as required to ensure that budgeted sales targets, account profitability, customer satisfaction and retention are achieved across portfolio
- Driving sales through excellent relationship building with relevant customer contacts
- Establish and execute a clear and focused business strategy from conception to completion
- Involvement from the starting process of creating products to the product being on the shelf.
- You will already have experience in the retail industry, experience in chilled foods would be beneficial. Importantly you must have a proven track record of exceeding set targets.
- You will clearly demonstrate the ability to effectively manage a group of customers, have a strong commercial understanding and be competent using Excel.
- Whilst knowledge of the Fresh Chilled category would be an advantage, we are keen to hear from resilient individuals looking to develop their career and add to our success within National Accounts
- Experience in managing the relationship with buying managers, heads of category and senior decision-makers.
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills.
- An extensive record in surpassing goals and KPI’s through effective sales.
- Good analytical and strategy skills
- Be self-motivated and driven with the desire and ability to make a real difference
THOMAS Recruitment Group is an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re FMCG recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.