The THOMAS Recruitment Group is exclusively recruiting for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer on behalf of a leading manufacturing company based in Somerset.
Our client is seeking an experienced Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to carry out all aspects of work within your prescribed area of control, whilst maintaining a constant focus on Health and Safety and employee welfare. The successful candidate will promote the company’s pro-active approach to work, whilst effectively meeting the demands of the customer through focusing on quality, service delivery, cost and efficient process control.
- Respond to faults on the control systems and other plant faults by carrying out necessary repairs.
- Monitor weighing and liquid metering performance and maintain plant within agreed tolerances.
- Ensure satisfactory completion of plant inspection schedules and planned maintenance.
- Support and recommend changes to the Site Manager/ Supervisor to eliminate reoccurring faults.
- Generate order lists to replenish engineering spares as necessary.
- Ensure that site services are operating as required and that building fabric is adequately maintained.
- Implement plans and perform the required activities to ensure compliance with PPC permits and Environmental/ Energy management systems.
- Ensure that all engineering work is carried out in line with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation that the work area is left in a clean and tidy state after completion of the work.
- 5S and/or lean systems of work and preventative maintenance methods.
- A recognised maintenance qualification in electrical / mechanical discipline.
- Previous Engineering position within a production/ FMCG operation.
- Be able to operate in varying climatic conditions for long periods.
- Salary of £35,000
- Secure/ progressive company
- Private Healthcare (after 6 month probation)
- Pension Scheme
- Full rate sick pay
- Additional holiday days available
- To work on a Continental shift pattern, being responsible for on-call duties 1 in 3 weekends
- To undertake your duties with enthusiasm and pride
- To lead by example at all times
- To be pro-active and motivated
- The prompt implementation of decisions
- Adopt a ‘safety first’ approach to all that you do
- To be flexible and able to work in a high-pressure environment.
TO APPLY CALL 02920 393444 between 8.30am – 5.30pm OR EMAIL email@example.com
THOMAS Recruitment Group are an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re permanent recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.