We’re currently recruiting for Manual Lathe / Engineering Operators for our clients fast-paced and busy Machine Shop.
This is a permanent position (36hrs P/W), Monday to Thursday, 7:30am to 4pm (1/2Hr Lunch), Friday 7:30am to 11:30am.
• Salary £23,296 per annum + overtime
• Full time permanent position in a secure and progressive company
• Early finish Fridays
• 26 days holidays + Bank holidays
• Various bonuses
The main roles and responsibilities include:
• Use a manual Centre lathe and tooling to machine components as specified on drawings
• The ability to read engineering drawings.
• Ability to work to a high standard working to tight tolerances with excellent attention to detail.
• Competent on all aspects of setting tools, including having an understanding of cutting speeds and feeds.
• Strong experience using measurement/inspection equipment including verniers, bore gauges, micrometers etc.
• Highly motivated and have the ability to work well in a team
• Maintains work areas in a safe, clean and orderly manner including conformance with ISO9001 standards
• Welding skills would also be an advantage
• Formal Engineering qualifications advantageous not essential.
• Experience working Manual Lathes / CNC lathes with some milling experience.
• Machining one offs to small batches up to 3 tonnes in weight.
TO APPLY CALL 02920 393444 between 8am – 5.30pm OR EMAIL Mollie@thomasrecruitment.co.uk
THOMAS Recruitment Group are an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re permanent recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.