The THOMAS Recruitment Group are recruiting Maintenance Technicians on behalf of a Manufacturing Client based in Cardiff.
The primary objectives of the role would be to support and maintain operations across all sites on breakdowns and preventive plant maintenance. All aspects of engineering could be required, and employees should be able to adapt to new technologies and concepts. Employees should be willing to undertake any necessary duties which would fall within the maintenance department.
- Support the engineering team by carrying out systematic tasks and continuous improvements to plant and machinery to improve existing manufacturing processes.
- Use initiative to identify areas that will improve the production performance, line utilisation and focus on reducing scrap levels.
- Provide maintenance support regarding projects.
- Perform housekeeping duties in the engineering environment during any slack time.
- Will work in line with the Health and Safety requirements at all times.
- Carry out testing on fire alarm systems on a weekly basis.
Skills and Attributes:
- Must have a good understanding of both electrical and mechanical engineering concepts to be able to perform all reasonable job requests to the highest level.
- Have a good understand of fault finding and diagnostic techniques and fully understand engineering circuit schematics.
- Knowledge of welding and fabrication.
- Willingness to be flexible regarding working hours
- A positive proactive approach to working, ensuring that tasks are completed to a high standard, the first time.
Specialising in permanent roles, we understand the needs of both clients and candidates, ensuring all are well provided for throughout the interview process. If you think you would be well suited to this role, ‘SUBMIT’ your C.V today and one of our experts will be in touch!