Thomas Recruitment Group is actively looking to recruit an Applications Laboratory and R & D Technician for our leading client in Bridgend.
The R&D Group provides the introduction of new technologies and processes for business expansion. The role will involve experimental or applications studies. The R&D Group assists Sales and Marketing in various areas in particular with equipment and product demonstrations (which may be off-site) and with the Wire Samples Service
Reporting to the Laboratory and R & D Manager, the successful candidate will be primarily involved in assisting assist the R&D Group with the set-up and use of the Applications Facility. Assist with the efficient running of the wire samples service. To process samples and provide reports and maintain the wire samples database.
Other key duties will involve
- Test and evaluate equipment (third party equipment and equipment developed and constructed in-house)
- Provide support to the Group’s facilities. (maintain, operate and configure the facilities in support of applications assessment and use of the equipment as part of project work,
- Demonstration of the company’s equipment on behalf of Sales and Marketing.
- Act as the supervisor for system set-up, performing service and providing maintenance and operations support to others.
- Take responsibility of the Wire Inventory and keeping records of current stock of wire and cables kept in-house for samples and R&D/Engineering requirements.
- Collect data from projects and reporting findings. Assess and analyse the data.
To be considered for this role, applicants must have experience of working in a laboratory environment coupled with Research & Design knowledge.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits
TO APPLY CALL 02920 393444 between 8am – 5.30pm OR EMAIL Mollie@thomasrecruitment.co.uk
THOMAS Recruitment Group are an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re permanent recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.