The THOMAS Recruitment Group is recruiting on behalf of a Food Manufacturing client based in Redditch. Our client is seeking an Intake Compliance Technician to support their QA team permanently; the salary offered for this position is £21,000 – £23,000 per annum.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To carry out documented intake monitoring checks on ingredients coming into the site in compliance with pre-determined schedules.
- To carry out compliance checks on all packaging coming into the site
- Where non-compliance of ingredients and packaging is identified, ensure internal communication and control of the non-conforming item/s implementing on hold as required
- Control ingredients and packaging on WMS as required
- In line with scheduled requirements carry out sampling of ingredients and carry out testing internally or send for testing at external Laboratories
- Communication with the Intake Compliance Controller highlighting compliance with schedule and conformance of all materials.
- Monitor and ensure Certificates of Analysis are received and specifications complied with
- Support the Intake Compliance Controller with investigations required into non-conforming materials highlighted by operations teams
- Support Intake Compliance Controller with data to raise the non-conformance documentation to suppliers where non-compliant materials have been identified through intake monitoring checks or by operations teams.
- Communication with suppliers as appropriate to ensure compliance of certificates of analysis and materials coming into site
- Working with operations to ensure the correct finished product quality where an ingredient or material presents a quality challenge with the existing process.
- Assisting QA with quality/complaint investigations to determine root cause where a raw material/ingredient/packaging may be at fault.
- To be a member of the internal audit team, carrying out internal audits against QMS, customer codes of practice in line with the scheduled requirement
- To be a key member of the audit traceability team, backwards traceability exercises, back to supplier/sea farms/farm in line with scheduled requirements
- Communicate clearly and work positively and cross-functionally with all departments to achieve compliance
- Project Work/Trials as requested by BEF Technical management team – Quality improvements, Shelf life, Technical innovation trials regarding incoming materials.
- Fully understand and comply with all department and company policies and guidelines
- Any other duties and projects that may be assigned as deemed necessary to the needs of the business.
Key Accountabilities & Measurables
- Ingredient scheduled monitoring checks up to date on a weekly basis
- Packaging intake checks to be up to date on a daily basis
- C of A and system material controls to be up to date on a daily basis
- Sampling to scheduled requirements to be up to date on a weekly basis
- Traceability exercises completed as per scheduled requirement on a monthly basis
- Projects / trials on schedule with agree timelines
- Internal audits completed within required deadlines to the approved standard
Qualifications / Experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word
- Fluent English language
- Mathematical ability
- Detailed with high attention to detail
- Food industry experience, ideally QA / Intake related
- Essential but can be provided by BEF
- HACCP Level 2 or higher
- Food Safety Level 2 or higher
- Internal Auditor Trained
- Food Science qualification
Higher education qualification in Science-based subject
Core Values & Additional Essential Criteria
It is an essential requirement that the role incumbent displays behaviours that reflect our ‘Core Values’ of Teamwork, Quality, Honesty and Passion
Demonstrable compliance with competency framework – CL1 Essential Delivery
Specialising in permanent roles, we understand the needs of both clients and candidates, ensuring all are well provided for throughout the interview process. If you think you would be well suited to this role, ‘SUBMIT’ your C.V today and one of our experts will be in touch!