The THOMAS Recruitment Group is recruiting on behalf of a Manufacturing client based in Pontypool. Our client is seeking a Health and Safety Advisor on a permanent basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspecting of working conditions and observance of legal regulations and rules of safety and fire protection in the workplace. Keeping relevant parties informed of identified hazards, along with recommendations to address these hazards.
- Investigating the circumstances and causes of accidents at work and fire incidents and developing conclusions arising from the investigation of the causes and circumstances of these accidents and occupational diseases, as well as the control of the implementation of these measures.
- Recordkeeping, collection and storage of documentation relating to fire protection, workplace accidents, occupational diseases and suspected cases of such diseases, as well as document retention of test results and measurement of harmful conditions in the workplace.
- Participation in the assessment of occupational risk related to the work performed.
- Collaboration with Occupational Health, organizing periodic medical examinations for employees.
- Consultation on legal regulations and HSE rules.
- Collaboration with appropriate organizational units or persons, in particular as regards organizing and providing adequate levels of Health & Safety and Fire Protection training and ensuring appropriate adaptation and on-boarding of newly recruited staff.
- Participating in the preparation of plans for the modernisation and development of the company, and formulating proposals to include technical and organizational solutions in these plans to improve health and safety at work and fire protection within the Company.
- Promoting a Health and Safety culture within the company.
- Any other duties as requested by management.
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational health and safety and at least 2 years of relevant work experience or NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and safety or University degree and at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety legislation and codes of practice.
- Possess and demonstrate a passion for the job, the role, and the company
- Passionate about our industry and the role we play within the industry
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team and collaborate with others.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Specialising in permanent roles, we understand the needs of both clients and candidates, ensuring all are well provided for throughout the interview process. If you think you would be well suited to this role, ‘SUBMIT’ your C.V today and one of our experts will be in touch.