We are seeking a Finance Assistant to join our Accounts Team based at our Head Office in Cardiff. The ideal candidate will be career focused and ambitious with a desire to progress, have previous hands-on experience in an Accounts department. You must be able to communicate clearly and effectively and work on your own initiative.
Reporting directly to Our Finance Manager on a day to day basis, ultimately supporting the Finance Director.
- Check, reconcile and post supplier purchase invoices
- Prepare a monthly payment run to pay all suppliers
- Reconcile the outsourced payroll invoices in preparation for payment
- Daily bank receipt postings and bank reconciliations
- Update and post all bank payments and receipts on current account
- Import a daily banking file
- Weekly processing of clients and external partner sales invoicing
- Issue client statement
- Deal with any invoice issues
- Run a BDM report (sales margin report)
- Daily and weekly credit control chasing outstanding unpaid invoices due and prepare a schedule
- Prepare a debtor’s report for the Directors
- Check and get authorisation from Management any new credit applications from clients and external employment partners.
- Assist with the posting of the weekly timesheets for temporary workers
- Prepare the payroll journals and all monthly journals
- any other ad hoc processes to assist the efficiency of the finance department.
The Successful Candidate:
- Essential advanced MS excel
- Sage accounts and payroll
- Attention to detail, with an ability to identify typo and numerical errors
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- A background of working in a hierarchical environment
- Tenacious and self-motivated
Why THOMAS Recruitment?
- 33 days holiday including public holidays
- Birthday day off
- Employee of the month awards & Long service awards
- Annual awards ceremony
- First class training to the highest standards
- Excellent working environment
- Personal Development
At THOMAS Recruitment, we pride ourselves on being ‘The Right Choice in Recruitment’