Thomas Recruitment are currently recruiting for Shift Engineer a well-known Manufacturing Company based in Ebbw Vale.
- Minimise production downtime and related quality issues related to machinery condition.
- Minimise production downtime and quality losses related to machine performance and breakdown through the provision of a skilled and responsive front line maintenance service.
- Complete scheduled planned and preventative routines and undertake necessary corrective actions.
- Participate as a member of the shift team in investigating and correcting process, product and quality-related issues.
- Maintain and develop the physical environment of the company as a safe, secure and productive place to work.
- Participate in fault finding, diagnostic and corrective actions to maintain and improve the operation of the process equipment.
- Act as incident coordinator (on shift) in the event of major breakdowns and or incidents requiring the involvement or possible call-in of other maintenance and support services.
- Participate as a member of the shift team in investigating and correcting process, product and quality-related issues, and the delivery of robust corrective actions.
- Undertake predictive, preventative, fixed interval and planned maintenance activities as part of the overall planned maintenance regime under the management of the Engineering leadership.
- Any other reasonable activities which may arise which are consistent with the job title, your skills, qualifications and experience
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Working knowledge of workshop equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Experience of electro mechanical maintenance of high speed production machines.
- Good mechanical appreciation and knowledge of pumps, hydraulics, pneumatics, pistons etc.
- Demonstrable expertise in component and sub-system fault finding and reporting.
- Experience of working with variable speed drives AC / DC.
The THOMAS Recruitment Group are an Employment Business. We supply temporary, contract and permanent staff to various companies throughout the UK to various sectors.
THOMAS will endeavour to find you regular work in your chosen field. You will be paid for the actual hours worked at a pay rate agreed at the beginning of every contracted assignment. If temporary work is new to you, or you’ve not worked with THOMAS before, we’ve compiled some frequently asked questions to answer any questions you may have.
We recruit for temporary and permanent job roles across the following core areas:
INDUSTRIAL | DRIVING | FMCG | PROFESSIONAL | ONSITE
If you are interested in this Shift Engineer position, then please click ‘Apply Now’ below.