The THOMAS Recruitment Group are recruiting on behalf of an FMCG Company in Cwmbran. Our client is seeking an Electrical Shift Engineer to join their team.
Hours: 4 shift continental pattern working 8 hour shifts from Sunday to Saturday (not including a Saturday night shift) with 6 hour shifts worked on a Saturday morning and afternoon.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Carry out planned maintenance and reactive activities as scheduled by the maintenance plan contained within the CMMS.
- Proactive in preventing equipment failures and improving overall equipment performance by generating and implementing ideas and modifications.
- Undertake training as required to further enhance an individual’s skills and knowledge so that the level of support to the front-line operations remains effective and efficient.
- Train others so that they can carry out their expected work duties to the required standards.
- Identify performance issues and implement appropriate and pragmatic solutions using problem-solving skills, tools, and techniques.
- In consultation with the appropriate personnel, be able to correctly prioritise the workload for the overall benefit of the site performance.
Skills & Experience
- Time-served Electrical Engineer.
- Carry out planned maintenance activities and repair breakdowns.
- Covering electrical but also some mechanical responsibilities.
- Have a HNC / B-tech or equivalent in a relevant field.
- You will need to have experience from within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience within food manufacturing would be a bonus, though is not essential.
THOMAS Recruitment Group are an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re permanent recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.