The THOMAS Recruitment Group is recruiting on behalf of an Automotive Company in Birmingham. Our client is seeking an Electrical Maintenance Technician to join their team.
- Salary £28k per annum
- Overtime – Monday to Friday x 1.25; Saturday x 1.3; Sunday x 1.45
- Shift allowance at £11.99 per week am shift and £23.47 per week pm shift.
- Hours: 6:00am – 10:00pm and 2:00pm-10.00pm Monday to Thursday.
- Fridays are either 6.00am – 12.00pm or 12.00pm to 6.00pm (38 hours per week)
- Pension 3% contribution from the business
- Holidays 24 per annum plus bank holidays
To be responsible for ensuring unplanned stops of production facilities is kept to a minimum by effective maintenance of plant and equipment. To proactively engineer out process and machine failure modes. To provide excellent customer service to the production department.
Key Activities –
- Deal with breakdowns and servicing of plant and equipment.
- To actively seek to improve process stability.
- Ensure adequate parts/supplies are available for maintenance activities.
- Direct and develop improvers within the department.
- Installation and commissioning of plant and equipment.
- Reading of electrical, mechanical and fluid drawings.
- General day to day maintenance activities.
- To lead and participate in problem-solving activities.
- Develop and execute PPM & TPM system to ensure zero stoppages.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the Company rules, procedures and Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety legislation.
- Ensure to follow all department procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain a high standard of 5S.
- Consistently identify opportunities for improvement within the department and record all improvements.
- Provide a quick and courteous response to internal and external customer requests, making every effort to respond quickly and efficiently.
- Any other duties as requested to support the growth of the business.
- Communication (Written & Verbal)
- Problem Solving
- Verbal & Numerical
To be considered for this role, the successful candidate will be Apprenticeship trained electrical qualifications to HNC or equivalent. City and Guilds will be considered if a good level of multiskilling is displayed.
Specialising in permanent roles, we understand the needs of both clients and candidates, ensuring all are well provided for throughout the interview process. If you think you would be well suited to this role, ‘SUBMIT’ your C.V today and one of our experts will be in touch.