The THOMAS Recruitment Group are recruiting on behalf of a client based in Worcestershire area. Our prestigious client is seeking an experienced EH&S Compliance Manager to join their team. You will be responsible for ensuring that European and UK Company operations are compliant with all EU and UK environmental regulatory and customer-specific requirements, while also liaising with our international colleagues and globally.
Primarily site-based (but will involve international travel), the scope of your responsibility will include management and technical support for environmental and health & Safety management systems. You will develop and implement continuous improvement measures. You will have a working knowledge and previous experience of environmental and health & safety legislation and the implementation of environmental systems.
Although the emphasis of this role will be Environmental management and compliance, knowledge of Health & Safety will be necessary in order to support management systems; site H&S Managers will have day-to-day responsibilities.
This position will suit a self-starter who wishes to develop into a role with regional wide responsibility
- Extremely competitive salary.
- Car allowance.
- Bupa healthcare.
- Market-leading pension scheme.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities / Main Objectives
- Environmental compliance for manufacturing plants and office-based activities.
- Centralisation of European and UK Environmental Legal matters, Customer Specific Requirements and Environmental compliance requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain compliance systems, processes and practices.
- Monitor, audit and report on legal environmental and customer-specific compliance, and manage actions to assure compliance and continual improvement.
- Provide technical support and guidance to a global supply chain into the EU and UK. This includes REACH, SCIP, Biocides, IMDS etc.
- Maintain certification to ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 Management Systems and lead audits.
- Management, coordination and compilation of carbon footprint data, analysis and processing through to a third party verified carbon footprint report.
- Collect and collate data and compile reports.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of EU and UK environmental legislation and customer-specific requirements, for example, REACH, SCIP, Biocides, CSR, CDP, etc.
Education & Qualifications
- Appropriate recognised professional qualifications.
- Driving Licence.
- Able to work on own initiative and have a motivated self-learning style.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisation and effective communication orally and in writing, both internally and externally to the Company.
- The ability to provide technical and regulatory competence and guidance.
- Project Management: Able to organise and schedule events, activities and resources. Set up measures and monitor timescales and plans. Liaison with others in the Company internationally.
- Problem-solving: Able to use a range of methods to identify and solve issues.
- Comprehensive knowledge and use of MS office packages.
- Automotive experience would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and practical experience of compiling a carbon footprint and other environmental data.
- Knowledge and understanding of IMDS (International Material Data System).
Specialising in permanent roles, we understand the needs of both clients and candidates, ensuring all are well provided for throughout the interview proccess. If you think you would be well suited to this role, ‘SUBMIT’ your C.V today and one of our experts will be in touch!