The THOMAS Recruitment Group are recruiting for a Data Engineer on behalf of a client based in the Southwest. Our client is seeking an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler, who enjoys building data systems from the ground up.
You will be responsible for expanding and optimising the data and data pipeline architecture, as well as data flow and collection for cross-functional teams.
This role can be fully remote, however, visits to the office would be needed once every quarter.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and BigQuery.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product and Data teams to assist with data-related queries.
Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform environments (BigQuery, Pub/sub, Cloud Functions, etc
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational and no relational databases.
- Experience using tools to extract data from a wide variety of disparate sources.
- Experience with automating your job as much as you can.
Specialising in permanent roles, we understand the needs of both clients and candidates, ensuring all are well provided for throughout the interview process. If you think you would be well suited to this role, ‘SUBMIT’ your C.V today and one of our experts will be in touch!