The THOMAS Recruitment Group is recruiting on behalf of a leading engineering consultancy providing structural inspection and assessment services for a range of clients across the residential and commercial sectors. The business started in Wales in 2018, at which time they have developed relationships with many property-related companies (agents, solicitors, lenders, surveyors) as well as property developers and investors across South and West Wales.
Our client’s expanding workload and development of new customers has led to an opportunity for a civil/structural engineer to join the company to help drive growth. The individual in question will be working alongside the Company Director and Business Development Director to initially help deliver the current workload, but with the intention of expanding a team of engineers under his/her management. The role will then naturally move from assisting with the delivery of the works to the overall responsibility of managing a larger team.
This is a unique opportunity to help take the business to the next level, expanding a team of engineers and being responsible for the delivery of technical works, as well as helping to drive growth in the company and within the role itself.
Job responsibility and requirements:
- Responsible to the Company Director for the delivery of structural inspection reports for their client base.
- Deliver works within specified time constraints and ensure Directors are informed of progress.
- Provide interim client updates, particularly with regards to key technical issues.
- Support the Business Development Director in generating new client opportunities, attending customers meetings and presentation of the company service offering.
- Support the Company Director in the development of key processes and inspection software to enable the scaling up of the business.
- The role is customer-facing, therefore the successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and represent the company in a professional manner.
- The role is home-based but with travel to designated inspection sites each week.
The key attributes needed for this role are:
- Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer with circa 5 years post chartered experience.
- Knowledge of structural inspection and reporting of building structures, defect analysis of principal structural materials (i.e. structural masonry, timber, steelwork, reinforced concrete) and repair is preferred.
- Excellent technical report writing, presentation and oral skills required.
- The candidate will be prepared to roll their sleeves up to support the current workload and manage a team of engineers as the business develops.
- Undertake site visits to conduct structural inspections.
- Produce technical inspection reports and assist with report peer checking/review of reports produced by company engineers.
- Basic salary of £45-£50k, depending on experience.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid overtime
- Flexible working arrangement
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Expense account
Specialising in permanent roles, we understand the needs of both clients and candidates, ensuring all are well provided for throughout the interview process. If you think you would be well suited to this role, ‘SUBMIT’ your C.V today and one of our experts will be in touch.