The THOMAS Recruitment Group is representing a leading national manufacturer based here in Wales. Our client is seeking an experienced buyer with a background in rubber, plastics, or automotive.
Scope of the Role
Purchase goods, materials, and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. This role has greater responsibility and accountability than a Buyer and includes some people management responsibility. The job holder may take responsibility for a specific project or hold a larger remit in terms of purchasing responsibility.
General and Task Management
- Purchase goods, materials, components, or services in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets
- Ensure a continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies, and market suppliers
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Deliver briefs, updates, and reports as and when required
- Develop creative and innovative procurement processes
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business
- performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review
- opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- We are looking for an experienced and passionate Buyer with a strong track record in delivering exceptional projects on time and on budget within a fast-paced environment.
- You will be required to support the procurement and implementation of group sourcing arrangements.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures and the Official Journal of the European Community (OJEU) guidance during supplier negotiations and contracts Award process.
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
- Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers
- Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organisational targets and requirements
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, and delivery or invoice issues.
- Deliver Special projects to mainstream procurement ensuring all required standards are met in line with IATF 16949 standards
- Control and monitoring of Goods inwards and dispatch areas, reporting on time and in full from main suppliers.
- Ensuring scheduling and supplied incoming good are are in line with production requirements
- Liaising with Clients, Suppliers and other staff
- Carrying out specific projects and research.
- Responsibility for accounts and budgets;
- To undertake any other duties, as requested by Managing Director, that is within your capability and for which you have received sufficient training and/or knowledge
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, HNC, City & Guilds Licentiateship, BTec Higher Professional Diploma, or equivalent NVQ Level4 qualifications
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
- Proven purchasing experience, preferably within an automotive or manufacturing environment
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Contract management and supplier experience
- Project management experience
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of automotive processes and components and supply chain management
- Computer literate, to include advanced Excel skills
The THOMAS Recruitment Group are an Employment Business. We supply temporary, contract and permanent staff to various companies throughout the UK to various sectors.
Located in South Wales, Midlands & the South West, we recruit for temporary and permanent job roles across the following core areas:
INDUSTRIAL | DRIVING | FMCG | PROFESSIONAL | ONSITE
If you are interested in this position, then please click ‘APPLY NOW’ below