The THOMAS Recruitment Group is exclusively recruiting for a Head of Manufacturing on behalf a leading Pharmaceutical Manufacturer, based in Watford.
Our client is seeking an experienced Head of Manufacturing to manage all aspects of work within your prescribed area of control, whilst maintaining a constant focus on Health and Safety and employee welfare. The successful candidate will promote the company’s open democratic culture, whilst effectively meeting the demands of the customer through focusing on quality, service delivery, cost and efficient process control.
- Responsible for manufacturing output aligned with quality/cost/delivery KPI’s.
- Ensures adherence to GMP standards and MHRA/FDA requirements.
- Identifies root cause(s) of production downtime and introduce effective measures to rectify/improve.
- Develops and maintains robust manufacturing processes to deliver quality products in line with customer expectations.
- Conducts regular appraisals/performance reviews for direct reports and ensure this process is effectively cascaded through the entire supply chain team.
- Takes responsibility for adherence to departmental budgets continually striving to reduce where opportunities exist
- Identifies opportunities for improvement/innovation and develops/implements action plans in conjunction with team to maximise potential benefits of such opportunities for the business.
- Aligns L&D activity with the needs of the business to ensure consistency future performance, as identified through training needs analysis and a thorough understanding of the business plan.
- Continually reviews his/her teams shift patterns to align these with forecaste sales and fluctuations driven by seasonal and promotional activity.
- Undertakes daily meetings (MDI), and weekly meetings (Pulse) as effective communication tools to facilitate improvements in efficiency and effectiveness thus positively impacting on operational performance.
- Adopts new and innovative ways of improving visual management systems whilst maintaining current standards.
- Manages all HR issues relating to his/her team, i.e. attendance, punctuality, discipline, grievance, etc. consistently and in accordance with the Company’s procedures.
- Manufacturing degree or equivalent
- Pharmaceutical background
- Management qualification (preferably Grad level or above)
- Minimum 5 years senior management experience
- Intermediate PC literate
- Lean knowledge, preferably accredited
- Evidenced track record of success
- Strong demonstrable experience in Manufacturing and Production.
- 25 days holiday per year (usually 3 days to be taken during the Christmas shutdown) plus 8 Statutory Bank Holidays
- Private Healthcare (BUPA)
- Company Sick Pay (after 6 months service)
- Workplace Pension Scheme (Employee & Company Contributions)
- Free Life Assurance Scheme (up to 6 times annual salary)
- Lifestyle Benefits scheme (up to £200 a year on Lifestyle and Personal Development)
- Employee Assistance Programme – Freephone helpline available 24/7/365.
- To undertake your duties with enthusiasm and pride
- To lead by example at all times
- Adopt the role of facilitator, mentor and coach
- The prompt implementation of decisions
- Adopt a ‘safety first’ approach to all that you do
- To be flexible and able to work in a high-pressure environment.
TO APPLY CALL 02920 393444 between 8am – 5.30pm OR EMAIL Mollie@thomasrecruitment.co.uk
THOMAS Recruitment Group are an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re permanent recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.