Do you want to work for an award winning, fast growing company? Are you confident, enthusiastic and possess a great work ethic?
THOMAS Recruitment is formed by a dedicated group of professionals, who deliver the best to many of the region’s most prestigious companies. We attract and maintain the very best employees within the industry by providing the finest training, progression opportunities and earning potential. Hard work, tenacity and professionalism is at the optimum of our core values and is rewarded very well.
We are seeking an experienced Accounts Assistant to join our Finance Team based at our Head Office in Cardiff. The ideal candidate will ideally have a strong Sales Ledger background with extensive Credit Control experience, they will be career focused and have previous hands-on experience in an Accounts department preparing information for Senior Managers. You must be able to communicate clearly and effectively and work on your own initiative.
You will be reporting directly to the Management Accountant on a day to day basis, however, ultimately supporting the Finance Director.
- 25 Days Annual Leave & Public Bank Holidays
- Birthday – Day off
- Annual Awards
- Employee of the Month & Long Service Awards
- Regular Team Nights out
- Charity/Cake Mornings, Breakfast Mornings, Dress Down Days.
- Regular Reviews
- Free Parking
- Creating and Inputting Sales Invoices
- Monitoring and implementing booking forms on our database, checking rates of pay etc.
- Credit Control
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assist in weekly payroll processing and associated responsibilities
- Journal entries
- Reconciling bank statements
- Assist in preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Prepare VAT Returns
- Work with our external auditors in completing the year-end audit
- Other ad hoc finance duties
The Successful Candidate:
For this role, you will require previous experience within a commercial finance position and you will need to possess the following attributes:
- Experience within a similar role and have an excellent commercial awareness
- Able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines. Managing work-loads is essential
- Excellent knowledge of Sage Accounts
- Ability to create Excel spreadsheets to produce company KPI’s
- General knowledge of payroll legislation
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Methodical and Highly organised
- Tenacious and self-motivated