Thomas Recruitment are currently recruiting for a well-known installation and distribution company in Birmingham.
Day to day duties will include the following:
- To ensure the customer receives a first class service in all communication.
- To demonstrate accuracy whilst working under pressure.
- De-brief all drivers ensuring we keep a tight control on all aspects of the paperwork.
- Liaise with customers in a professional manner.
- To plan routes and deliveries in a cost effective way
- Maintain a safe working environment by ensuring you comply with statutory law, company policy & health & safety guidelines
- Assist in the adherence to Drivers Hours Regulations in accordance with the working time directive.
- Work within a team of planners, administration staff & drivers, checking time sheets, licenses & qualifications are up to date.
- Assisting with the daily vehicle log, digital downloads, vehicle accidents, repairs, servicing, cleanliness & maintenance of fleet, ensuring all records are fully up to date & any relevant action is taken.
- Ensuring quotes, jobs & costings are entered correctly & in a timely manner onto the traffic management system.
- Ensuring drivers have correct paperwork for deliveries & are aware of any customer requirements
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
- Computer literate
- Excellent team player
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Professional, helpful & proactive manner
- Maths & English GCSE (or equivalent)
- Excellent geographical knowledge
- Driving license
- Experience of transport planning
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent time management
- Good organisational skills
The THOMAS Recruitment Group are an Employment Business. We supply temporary, contract and permanent staff to various companies throughout the UK to various sectors.
THOMAS will endeavour to find you regular work in your chosen field. You will be paid for the actual hours worked at a pay rate agreed at the beginning of every contracted assignment. If temporary work is new to you, or you’ve not worked with THOMAS before, we’ve compiled some frequently asked questions to answer any questions you may have.
Located in South Wales, Midlands & the South West, we recruit for temporary and permanent job roles across the following core areas:
INDUSTRIAL | DRIVING | FMCG | PROFESSIONAL | ONSITE
If you are interested in this Transport Planner Position then please click ‘APPLY NOW’ below
TO APPLY CALL 0121 752 1333 between 8am – 5.00pm OR EMAIL Rhackles@thomasrecruitment.co.uk
THOMAS Recruitment Group are an award-winning recruitment UK-wide company. We’re permanent recruitment specialists – we know where the best talent is and how to attract them. We are The Right Choice In Recruitment.